Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Rhodes Felix Chukka sizing

I'm just curious if anyone has experience with the sizing for the Rhodes Felix Chukka?

I typically wear a 9W in most shoes, although I do have a pair of Clark's Bushacre Chukkas that are 9M that fit well, and a pair of the JCP boots in 9M that also fit well.

The sizing guide says to drop down 0.5 a size, but with a wide foot I'm hoping that a 9M will be a good fit. If anyone has bought these I would appreciate any comments about fit.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza74 View Post
    I'm just curious if anyone has experience with the sizing for the Rhodes Felix Chukka?

I typically wear a 9W in most shoes, although I do have a pair of Clark's Bushacre Chukkas that are 9M that fit well, and a pair of the JCP boots in 9M that also fit well.

The sizing guide says to drop down 0.5 a size, but with a wide foot I'm hoping that a 9M will be a good fit. If anyone has bought these I would appreciate any comments about fit.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey! I wrote that review for the main page, so I do have some experience with sizing.

As noted, length should be good with a half-size down from Brannock (or your "normal" shoe size) but depending on how wide you really are, these could feel a bit narrow. I'd recommend trying them at your Brannock size first. If they're too long or too wide, you can always size down or add a tongue pad/heel pad to correct any small fit issue.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Thank you for the reply mcadamsandwich. That's good advice, especially with free returns. I'm a 9E on the Brannock, so hopefully the 9 will be wide enough. They are a great looking boot, and at only $200 seem to be good value.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also looking at these and appreciate the sizing advice.

Anyone have a guess as to whether these will see a price reduction during the upcoming holiday sales?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    @Bishup

I did an online chat with them, and they said that some items will be discounted but they didn't know which ones. I then asked if they do go on sale if I can call and get the difference back, and was told yes. I've gone ahead and purchased and should be getting them tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's good to know, thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    For Bishup or anyone else curious about sizing - I got size 9 (I wear 9 Wide in other shoes), and I can definitely see why they say to size down. The width of the 9 fit really comfortably on my feet, and they are extremely comfortable chukkas. The leather is really supple, and they are worth the price.

A little note though - I ordered the “Rust” color boots, and they came pre-creased in a couple of spots which I wasn’t expecting based on the photos. There are also a few marks that can be probably taken care of with some polish. Having said that they are great for casual wear, and I may also order the brown pair as well.