Thread: Need advice- looking for brown blazer business & weekend wear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need advice- looking for brown blazer business & weekend wear

I would appreciate advice as I am looking for a brown blazer that I can wear in the office (work in Finance) and would work well on the weekend with dark blue or black jeans. Im familiar with Suitsupply, Bonobos, J Crew and Banana Republic. Living in Los Angeles I can go to all of those stores to try on in person but would appreciate advice and or feedback.

Im in my early 40s, average height and weight (510 170 lbs) and looking for a blazer that will look sharp and I can get wear out of it. Ideal price range is $200-$400.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    I have this one and love it. It does have some linen in it, but being that youre in LA, it will probably work all year for you. I love the warm brown color.

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...D&prefv1=brown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIS997 View Post
    I have this one and love it. It does have some linen in it, but being that youre in LA, it will probably work all year for you. I love the warm brown color.

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...D&prefv1=brown
    Thanks for the feedback!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Brown is a very underrated color IMO - works great with blue/navy although pulling it off with black may be a little trickier.

That SS jacket above looks phenomenal, but if you're looking for something more budget-friendly, I've seen decent quality brown sports coats at both BR and J Crew that you can snag for as low as $150 if you time the purchase right. The only catch is that I don't think either of those brands ever has more than one brown option available at a time (and sometimes none). S&M is a little pricier ($250+) but better quality and has far more options (example).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I'll second the Spier and Mackay linked above- it's great with chinos, denim or wool dress pants. My only nit-pick is I wish the material was a little heavier- I would wear it more in the fall and colder weather if it were warmer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Since you're in LA you probably don't need anything too warm and if you plan to wear this with denim you probably don't want anything too formal. There are heaps of great Italian unstructured jackets in brown. You can find some at good prices on Yoox, from Boglioli, LBM 1911, Caruso, and such. I saw a lot of brown sportcoats at a manufacturer's sale here in Rochester last week, a line called Culturata, not up to Boglioli standards but still very wearable in attractive wool and cashmere blends. They were all $99 or less, but that was an extraordinary sale... They usually start at twice that.