Thread: boots/shoes: Red Wing Roughnecks, Wolverine 1000 Mile, Vince loafers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

boots/shoes: Red Wing Roughnecks, Wolverine 1000 Mile, Vince loafers

Hi folks, I have too many shoes and need to try to move some of them. I take care of my things and live in a nonsmoking household. I'll cover priority mail shipping, but I will only ship to US addresses. I prefer Paypal's goods & services option because it offers buyers some protection, but if you are okay with doing a "friends & family" payment, I will go along with it as long as you understand and agree that it's final sale. Please ask questions; I want you to be satisfied. Regarding reputation, I've been on eBay for 20 years, and have 100% feedback as both buyer and seller (search for “djtic” to see my feedback there).

Red Wing Heritage 2942 "Roughneck" boots in copper "rough & tough" leather, made in USA, size 10.5. I bought these a year ago August from an authorized RWH dealer (let's hear it for brick & mortar shopping!) and I have worn them around half a dozen times, if that (check the soles pic). They are first-quality and there's nothing wrong with them, they just aren't the sort of boots that I'm used to, and while I like them I don't see them as long-term keepers, so I'd rather try to find them a good home. This particular leather has natural variations in color, which you can see in my photos. Box lost one of its handles but is intact. Overall condition is excellent. Retail on these is currently $280, which you can confirm on the RWH website if you like. I'm asking $230.

https://imgur.com/a/GRnQwRE

Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in rust, made in USA, size 10 D. This is the original style from when the line was launched; I bought them in 2010 at Leffot in New York. They have a roomy fit and run large (for comparison, I am typically a 10.5 E in Allen Edmonds). I wore these quite a bit the first few years I had them, but I've found that I tend to wear other boots more. Part of it is the leather sole, so I had thin rubber overlays added to the front part of the soles, but it still isn't the same as a full rubber sole, which I've found I prefer (Vibram heels are standard, and these are the originals). I think these are quite comfortable and exude real craftsmanship. Original box and dust cloth (not a bag) are included. Still in very good condition, years of use left in these, plus of course they can be resoled. Current retail is $385; given the amount of use I'm asking $200.

https://imgur.com/a/vGM3biG

Now for a wild card of sorts: Vince "Comrade" chunky-sole loafers, made in Italy, black, size 11. Purchased direct from Vince online right around the beginning of this year, worn here and there in spring and fall (never in snow or rain). Ultimately my feet have concluded that they are not happy in these shoes, so I must listen to them. Perhaps one of you will have better luck. Obviously they have a very specific aesthetic, but I found them to be fairly versatile within the confines of when I would typically wear a black shoe. Good quality leather with some grain to it, minimal cushioning inside (i wore them with foam insoles). Retail on these is $325; I'm asking $175.

https://imgur.com/a/tPrl2c3

Polo Ralph Lauren "army boots" in brown suede, size 11 D. These are a current-season item I bought about six weeks ago and wore twice before concluding that they don't fit well enough. It's too bad because I really like them, and for mainline Ralph in 2019 they are decently made. No point in keeping them around, but I can't return them because they've been worn. Nice cushioning inside, pretty decent suede, light weight overall. Replica of the old Polo Country label on the tongues, plus a small suede tag at the top edge of each shoe, but that's it for branding, and anyway it's all covered by your pant legs when standing. The soles are "speckled" (see pics), which isn't the greatest look, but it's not super blatant either. Retail is $165, I'm asking $110.

https://imgur.com/a/hW6CKgR

Vintage Polo Country suede derbies, made in USA, brown, size 10.5 D. I'm guessing late 1980s/early '90s. These are an eBay purchase that turned out to be just a little too small. Very disappointing, as I like the look and the color—it's definitely brown, but has a copper/rust tone to it. Lug soles. They could use some brushing but are otherwise in good condition. They did not come with a box, but I will ship them in something suitable. Just trying to get back what I paid for these, or at least close to it. $49.

https://imgur.com/a/ak6PvMA
    Last edited by the passenger; November 17th, 2019 at 04:14 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    FYI you linked the same album twice (second and third pairs)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks, going to fix that now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    bumping these, FWIW...