Thread: Winter beanie/cap/tocque for dapperedware

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Winter beanie/cap/tocque for dapperedware

Looking for a stylish beanie style hat to wear in cold winter weather.

I have a few in the closet but I am looking for something that would be nice to wear with business casual/smart casual clothing.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    I don't have any specific recommendations off the top of my head but I think the key thing to look for would be a finer gauge of knit for a slightly dressier look. Sierra Trading Post (now just Sierra.com) used to sell merino wool watch caps in a fine gauge that were only like $15 or something. I bought it in several colors though I think I have managed to lose all but one of them.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    I have a beanie from Banana Republic I like but they don't seem to have them anymore. I agree with LBD that a finer gauge looks dressier.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDub View Post
    Looking for a stylish beanie style hat to wear in cold winter weather.

I have a few in the closet but I am looking for something that would be nice to wear with business casual/smart casual clothing.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
    The one I wear most regularly is a grey cashmere watch cap/benie I got from J Crew about a half decade ago. No branding, logo or anything, just a classic ribbed knit beanie. Can't go wrong with something classic and understated, in a versatile neutral color, in cashmere.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1122 Post(s)

Winter beanie/cap/tocque for dapperedware

Agree with @LesserBlackDog regarding the material. Find a Merino or cashmere and go with it. By nature the beanie doesn't get super dappered but these units are more refined and don't add a lot of bulk to your noggin profile. Some people avoid the cuff because of the....err... phallic inferences. Doesn't bother me though. I like a traditional fisherman's beanie in cable knit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I have a beanie from Banana Republic I like but they don't seem to have them anymore. I agree with LBD that a finer gauge looks dressier.
    They have the merino beanie still (on sale atm for $29). I picked one up recently in light gray. Quality is pretty nice although I don't like how wide the folded up part is. I made mine about half that and rolled it up 1 or 2 more rotations.
    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...p-page-content

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    The key for my toques is to have them sit snug on my head. I am not fan of the big floppy toques/winter hats. I like it when they sit tight and low on my head. The challenge is also finding one that does not come all the way down on my head either. Low enough to cover my ears but not so low that the toque is hitting my eye line/ridge line. For me there is definitely an art to finding the proper toque. I tried on many a toque before finding one that I like. I am currently up to four or five toques in my rotation because they all fulfill different aspects. Warmth, style, after workouts, running errands, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/cashmer...ries-and-shoes

Uniqlo cashmere beanie. $30.

I bought this a few weeks ago and I've been very happy with it. I believe it was recommend in a post on the main site.