Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OK, I need an intro pair of selvedge jeans...

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    What kind of person, and in what situation, would say something like this? I would imagine it's a small percantage of denim-wearers that are wearing selvage denim, and who really would care enough to comment?

I actually have a couple of real life friends who are into this stuff too and one used to sit across the aisle from me. There is one lady that used to come down at least once a week to see what shoes we were wearing lol. It wasnt said in a snooty way, he was legitimately looking to ask me how I liked them because he hadn't done selvedge yet either.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Third vote for Unbranded. I got my first pair that way, and it was a low-ish cost way to try them out. I got a pair for maybe $75 at Nordstrom. Since then, I've gotten a pair of Gustin too, but the Unbranded are going really strong after 2 years. I did the thing where I didn't wash them for months, then just soaked them a couple of times a year.

If you can't find a place to try them on, you could try on some Naked and Famous, which is the same fit. Unbranded 201 is the same fit as "Weird Guy" I believe, a slim.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)