Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I need an intro pair of selvedge jeans...

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)

OK, I need an intro pair of selvedge jeans...

I have been thinking about this for a while and I think this is the year. I dont wear denim a lot but I am not super thrilled with what I have. I dont want to drop big coin yet but I need the "Seiko 5" of selvedge. That one that is pretty good for the money and leads you down the terribly expensive road. Target used to have one but I see its hard to find in stores. Any other suggestions? Uniqlo?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Gustin

https://www.weargustin.com/store/jea...the-greensboro

$66 for a pair of classic, made in the USA, selvedge Jean is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Check out Unbranded https://theunbrandedbrand.com/collections/all
    They are a pretty good starter pair. All of their colors are pretty much either dark blue or black. Amazon sells most of the colors/fits too so it's easy to try them too if need be.

You could probably find a pair of "nicer" selvedge for the same price on sale, but with a lot of brands it can be hard to know exactly what you're getting into with each pair; a lot of brands make a lot of weird colors with weird fabrics whereas with these it will be as normal as possible.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Gustin

https://www.weargustin.com/store/jea...the-greensboro

$66 for a pair of classic, made in the USA, selvedge Jean is ridiculous.
    ustin is where I want to end up. I am a little intimidated by the measurement process and making sure I get the selvedge the way I want. I have a buddy that has ordered several pair of thier chino style pants and he had to try a couple of times to get his comfortable and correct.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)
    Uniqlo. If they have your size in stock. They have that nice thick selvedge feel when breaking them in, break in nicely, and of course have the selvedge stitch.

Note on sizing - NOT vanity sized. Size up 1-2 compared to BR jeans, size up 2-3 compared to JCrew or Levi's jeans.

For comparison, I'm a 30 waist in JCrew and Levi's jeans, 32 in BR jeans, and need a 33 in Uniqlo. Real waist measurement is 33-34, depending on how well I've stuck to my diet that week.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    You can get the target pair online, and normal sizing rules apply. Unless you want to go out of your way to shrink them, just buy the size you buy for any other pants.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    You can get the target pair online, and normal sizing rules apply. Unless you want to go out of your way to shrink them, just buy the size you buy for any other pants.
    sizes are pretty limited but I am looking. I dont mind ordering online since I can return in store.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)
    I'll list one not to buy - JCrew. I forget which model it is, but I have a pair of selvedge. Other than the stitch, they look and feel like any other pair of light weight jeans. Definitely not the selvedge experience.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    I'll list one not to buy - JCrew. I forget which model it is, but I have a pair of selvedge. Other than the stitch, they look and feel like any other pair of light weight jeans. Definitely not the selvedge experience.
    good looking out, thanks

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1453 Post(s)
    Gap. I have one pair of selvedge and like you I didn't want to spend a lot of money on them. I waited for a 50% off sale and pulled the trigger. I have no other selvedge to compare the jeans to but so far so good. The next time I'm at Uniqlo I'll likely give their selvedge jeans a look.