Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silicone wedding ring anyone?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I wore a Qalo every day for many years. My ring finger's a bit wonky from a break so I can't get a metal band over the knuckle. I have a tattoo around that finger now and wear a grey gold band on the middle finger. I remove it every morning before the gym and then put it back on when I get home.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    I wear a silicone band when being active (hiking, kayaking, etc.) or doing heavy manual labor. But I like wearing the metal ring and my wife likes me wearing it, too.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    I like my gold wedding ring. The ring is comfortable. Mind you when I was first married I found myself spinning the ring around my finger constantly during office meetings.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I like my gold wedding ring. The ring is comfortable. Mind you when I was first married I found myself spinning the ring around my finger constantly during office meetings.
    i tap it on the table or beer bottles. annoys the crap out of everyone. My fingers are thin and knuckles are loarge so for a metal ring to fit over my knuckles, it spins loose on my finger. not super comfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have a Tungsten band that I've worn since the day we were married. I really never take it off, even at the gym... which causes for an extra large callous under that finger. I've been thinking about grabbing a silicone ring for the gym, working in the yard, etc. I don't think the wife is too keen on it though. Also, with Tungsten being so heavy, if I forget to wear my ring I can feel it right away, not sure how the silicone would be.

Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I love my gold ring! However, it was a pain at the gym. Originally, I just took it off when working out but I was getting a few calluses. Now I use weightlifting gloves from Target, preventing the calluses from rubbing against the weights uncomfortably and covering my wedding band.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)
    I thought this was a joke...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    i tap it on the table or beer bottles. annoys the crap out of everyone. My fingers are thin and knuckles are loarge so for a metal ring to fit over my knuckles, it spins loose on my finger. not super comfortable.
    Same here so I never wear the metal band.
    Silicon all the way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I have a job where the silicon ring makes sense. I don't want any degloving injuries! So I switched to a Qalo a few years back and never take it off; I can wear it doing any activity...except washing dishes as it slides off sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    My default is a Groove ring that I'll wear day to day, since I'm fairly active (running, jiu jitsu, weights). Also, my ring finger is kinda messed up -- I have some arthritis that makes it tough to get my metal ring on and off unless I use lotion. I'll wear my "actual" wedding band (platinum) on special occasions and maybe to work every once in a while.