Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your random/wacky/unique style wish?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

What's your random/wacky/unique style wish?

What's the unusual item you want that's just plain odd? Or at least, not part of the normal style and fashion. Leather pants? Button boots?

For example, I'd like a wandering hour watch, but any decent ones are out of my budget. I've never seen one in the wild before, though that may just be because I don't visit horological sites.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)
    bespoke footwear.

it's random/wacky/unique to me because i'm not likely to see it anytime soon. more of a "dream big" moment.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Button Boots, keep looking at J. Fitzpatrick offerings, and have thought about stopping by the NYC showroom, but can't justify the price right now.

I have Taft Jack Boot in Grey/Oxblood and don't really wear them as frequently vs some of my other pairs (although that might be because they are a little tight, wish they would make wide widths) https://taftclothing.com/products/th...n-grey-oxblood

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    559 Post(s)
    I had a pair of bourbon color AE Mcallisters that I stripped all the color off and dyed a different color. That was because of all the infamous problems with that color coming off in blotches and tiger-stripes. AE doesn't make shoes in that color anymore.

And they looked really cool with all the dye stripped off! Very very light--way lighter than walnut. Almost kind of like the old old Florsheim Golden Harvest color. But inside the perforations was still dark. I've been trying to find some used or new old stock in my size so I can strip the color off again and wear them like that. Gotta be full brogue. 12 or 12.5 D if anybody sees any around anywhere.

So, that's pretty random, I think--a pair of full brogue AE shoes in bourbon color that I can strip down to natural leather.

BTW, I've never heard of a wandering hour watch. Sounds interesting.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; October 28th, 2019 at 11:26 PM.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    I saw a video about an old floor clock that used that particular movement/complication and found it to be very interesting.

As for your shoes, I know some places actually make undyed leather shoes if you want to save a few steps.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I saw a video about an old floor clock that used that particular movement/complication and found it to be very interesting.

As for your shoes, I know some places actually make undyed leather shoes if you want to save a few steps.
    Like this? http://www.septiemelargeur.fr/en/278-patina-shoes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    The ones I'm thinking of were a bit more tan than that, but yeah, similar idea.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Cowboy boots. But I will never buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Cowboy boots. But I will never buy them.
    I would rock Tecovas (if they'll fit, going to see in January when I head to Austin/SA for a long weekend) but lust after a pair of Lee Millers. Sadly TT has a 4-year backlog and isn't taking new customers.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    I would rock Tecovas (if they'll fit, going to see in January when I head to Austin/SA for a long weekend) but lust after a pair of Lee Millers. Sadly TT has a 4-year backlog and isn't taking new customers.
    I know zero about brands etc, I just respect the craftsmanship when I see it and really like functional gear with heritage. Its not a look I could pull off I dont think.