Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeans For Thick Thighs

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    The jeans I wear most now are a pair of BR athletic fit. I’ve got a 31” waist and 26” thighs. My BR are size 33”.
    I guess it depends on how you like them to fit too. I had on the 34 waist pant and I have 27.5” thighs. The waist fit well, I probably could have gone down to 33 in waist size but the legs were already too tight.

I might still go with the BR because the fabric is nice. Will probably go slim fit and size up for the slightly larger lower leg diameter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Bonobos premium stretch jeans in resin rinse athletic.

36” waist and 25.75” thighs here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Depending on your price range.

Epaulet Walt fit denim has HUGE top block measurements.

Very high waisted but the butt and upper thigh area is big. I lift and they are right on the edge of being baggy there but they fit great everywhere else.

They are the anti-Gustin pants. Smallest top blocks in pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Lucky Brand 410 Slim Athletic. I just discovered these and bought several pairs. They are pretty consistent with the waist and length sizes, especially compared to Banana Republic.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZCASUAL View Post
    Can anyone recommend jeans for someone with thicker (muscular) thighs?
    Sure years of competititve cycling and squats help me look great in shorts, but make it a pain to find good fitting denim.
    Any help would be awesome, bonus points for US made selvedge companies and fits.
    How tall are you? I'm 6'3", long legs, and squat ~400lbs or so, and my thighs aren't as thick as say someone who is 5'10". That being said, I can still wear Levi 513 and 512 with no issues.
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by APinNC View Post
    How tall are you? I'm 6'3", long legs, and squat ~400lbs or so, and my thighs aren't as thick as say someone who is 5'10". That being said, I can still wear Levi 513 and 512 with no issues.
    Everyone is different... Actually, everything else being equal, someone taller needs more muscle to move the same weight as a shorter person would.

I’m around the same height as you and squat a comparable amount and have to go up multiple waist sizes for slim pants to not be skin tight around my thighs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Everyone is different... Actually, everything else being equal, someone taller needs more muscle to move the same weight as a shorter person would.

IÂ’m around the same height as you and squat a comparable amount and have to go up multiple waist sizes for slim pants to not be skin tight around my thighs.
    Just giving my recommendations on jeans. I'll save anatomy and leverages for another time.
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Strength is related to cross-sectional area of the muscle. So two people with equal strength will have similar muscle diameter. The taller person will have a “bigger” muscle because it is longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Lucky 363's Vintage Straight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Lucky 363's Vintage Straight.
    It seems that as a brand, Lucky is pretty decent for the #neverskiplegday crowd. I just got a few pair of Lucky 221 at Costco for around $30 each that work out well. I also have a few of the Athletic 410. The 221 are a bit slimmer in the thigh and looser in the calf than the 410. My 410's are looser in the thigh, but hug my calves pretty tight (I have big thighs and probably even more abnormally large calves though).