Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Active and dappered?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerardflynn View Post
    For the gym I use Uniqlo jog pants. They're tapered so they don't snag any weights, and they have zip pockets.
    Then I have TCA shorts, which again have a zip. And I have a TCA top, which fits snug and looks decent.
    Do you have the dry stretch joggers? They look like something I might try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yep, that's the one. I highly recommend them. ��

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    I went for an 11 mile hike on the AT this past weekend in 35-40 degree temps wearing some of my "dapperred and active" gear.

J crew tech chinos - last years version picked up on clearance for $7. They arrived stiff and shiny but after some wears and washes they are neither. Water repellent if not water proof and reasonably warm. I did not have to wear any base layer under them and also didnt get sweaty or chaffed. I wouldnt pay what they ask for at full price but if I ever catch another clearance sale, I would go $30ish.

32 Degree base layer top - cheap as chips, stretchy and comfy, and keeps you warm while managing sweat as well. I like these. Maybe not as much as my merino base layers but these are like 1/8th the cost. The only downside I see right now is if you try to take it off while sweaty its a little bit of a fight because of how stretchy they can be.

32 degree boxer briefs - again, solid choice for an active person on a budget or even as everyday wear. They are stretchier than my ex officio which is good and bad. See above for the bad.

Farm to feet merino socks - I am a full convert on merino socks and wear them all the time now. Farm to feet has a bunch of designs for different activities. I use the running socks as liners sometimes. There were some for great prices on nordstrom rack.

Old Navy chambray long sleeve - this got a couple of holes in it so it has become my camping/hiking top layer. I like hiking in button ups because they are versatile depending on your body temp. stay warm all buttoned up and sleeves down or start unbuttoning and rolling sleeves in warm temps. This one is cotton but over a base layer it stays dry enough

Banana republic mixed media vest - first venture into vests and it did as advertised. kept me warm at the core without the bulk of a puffer. I will probably get more vests now...

Old Navy quilted bomber - only wore this at the beginning, lunch, and end. Just threw it on over the vest and all. Its not super heavy but is a great insulator...and i got it dirt cheap on the typical end of year ON clearance sale. The quilted bomber with patch/chore jacket style pockets makes this more dappered than your normal patagonia michelen man puffer.

North Face Recon day pack - 30 liters is a good size and its not super technical looking. It isnt EXACTLY dapperred but you could use it as a book bag, an edc office bag, or on the trail and not look out of place. I have a Thule that I prefer for when I have to take my mobile office gear on the road but this would work too.

OK, the shoes werent dappered, sue me. Altra Olympus trail runners. My daughter said I looked like a golfer until you got to my feet.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1460 Post(s)
    @idvsego what? No sport/tracking watch? The horror!!!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @idvsego what? No sport/tracking watch? The horror!!!
    oh, yeah, the garmin instinct made the trip too. and some generic leather gloves because I couldnt find my running gloves.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
    Workout pants - I have these Gap ones that I absolutely love, and I think they are going to be discontinued with Hill City being a thing. Non-elastic, non-zipper cuffs, slim fit and nice material. Gap Fit Core Trainer Pants - $50 now, were $22 or $25 on sale. I have heather gray, but now it looks like only blue or black are stocked, and it's an online-only item for Gap. Mediums are perfect for me, and I'm a real-measurement 33 waist / 30 inseam. Most training pants are too long, but these are not.
    I take this back. Apparently these are not the same as the ones I like. I ordered them in medium, and the waist was literally 5 or 6" larger than the pair that I own. They are much cheaper, much less fitted and way oversized. Please ignore my advice above. Do not recommend.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    I take this back. Apparently these are not the same as the ones I like. I ordered them in medium, and the waist was literally 5 or 6" larger than the pair that I own. They are much cheaper, much less fitted and way oversized. Please ignore my advice above. Do not recommend.
    Lol thanks. Because a pant like that is probably my next purchase.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Not sure if you're serious, but you're welcome either way. I was literally offended at the waist size when I got those in the mail.

I am going to have to buy some expensive running pants now that it's winter and I'm committed. Tights were a bit too cold at 5AM running in the 20 degree temps.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)

Active and dappered?

Not sure if you're serious, but you're welcome either way. I was literally offended at the waist size when I got those in the mail.

I am going to have to buy some expensive running pants now that it's winter and I'm committed. Tights were a bit too cold at 5AM running in the 20 degree temps.
    Totally serious. You saved me the purchase and return.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Glad to help!