Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athletic Pants with Inseam Lengths?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

Athletic Pants with Inseam Lengths?

I have been looking for athletic pants to workout in for two years. I tried to stay with Nike, Under Armour, etc but am thinking i may need to look at more brands like Lululemon, Myles etc. My issue is that i am about 5'10" and wear a size medium. All of the pants that I try on tend to pool up at my sneakers and I hate it.

Anyone make them with inseam sizes? Any recomendations? I want a slim (def not tight) fit good quality and fair (relative term) price.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    After two years of searching, why not spend the $5-10 to get the bottom hem tailored? Even reattaching an elastic hem should cost about that much.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
    After two years of searching, why not spend the $5-10 to get the bottom hem tailored? Even reattaching an elastic hem should cost about that much.
    🤣🤣🤣😂 Fair point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Target sells some C9 training pants that allow you to choose the inseam, I think down to 30"... which should be just about right for a 5'10" frame. I'm 5'9" and just grabbed a pair of the 30 inseam "lightweight training pants" to throw on for trips to/from the gym.

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-light...42#lnk=sametab

Certainly not the most stylish of pants, but they serve a purpose and don't bunch up like most of the others do. I get a L or XL though, to fit over my thighs/shorts... so finding the right length is next to impossible for me in athletic pants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Lululemon will hem your pants for free in-store, as long as they don't have zippers or other features at the cuffs.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J2K66 View Post
    Target sells some C9 training pants that allow you to choose the inseam, I think down to 30"... which should be just about right for a 5'10" frame. I'm 5'9" and just grabbed a pair of the 30 inseam "lightweight training pants" to throw on for trips to/from the gym.

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-light...42#lnk=sametab

Certainly not the most stylish of pants, but they serve a purpose and don't bunch up like most of the others do. I get a L or XL though, to fit over my thighs/shorts... so finding the right length is next to impossible for me in athletic pants.
    i have these. the inseam is definitely right on me, and i'm 5'10". the only issue with these pants are that the pockets do not zip, which is an oversight for athletic pants.

the amazon brand of athletic pants that have been pimped on here are also not too long, and as a bonus, their pockets zip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Same issue here. I'm just above 5-9, I'm a Smedium and have a 29-30" inseam. I'm VERY well acquainted with my tailor. But it's true about Lulu - they'll take them up for you and, man, the quality of their stuff is really great!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    thanks everyone! ill have to go check them out. If not, to the tailor i will go haha.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    A little late to the party but I've taken my Adidas(some with vertical zips at the the bottom) and Nike mostly to my tilor for the hem done. If you have a good tailor(if you're on this board, you probably already do), just pay the 10-20 bucks or so. It's a pain because it's not as exciting as getting your tailored suit or sport jacket back, but it's worth it. I had/have a lot of athletic pants and what I used to do was make a list of them that need tailoring, and every few months bring a pair or two in for the job. It took two years to finish them all but I'm happy I did.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    396 Post(s)
    Another possibility would be to hem them yourself. It is a rather easy sewing project, after all.