Thread: Orvis barn coat; Martin+Osa cotton/nylon jacket; Gustin gray selvedge denim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Orvis barn coat; Martin+Osa cotton/nylon jacket; Gustin gray selvedge denim

I have a few things hanging around that I'd like to find new homes for. Either I don't wear them or they don't fit me right. I'll cover priority mail shipping, but I will only ship to US addresses. I prefer Paypal's goods & services option because it offers buyers some protection, but if you are okay with doing a "friends & family" payment, I will go along with it as long as you understand and agree that it's final sale. Please ask questions; I want you to be satisfied. Regarding reputation, I've been on eBay for 20 years, and have 100% feedback as both buyer and seller (search for “djtic” to see my feedback there).

1) Orvis "classic barn coat," red, size L. Bought about two years ago but worn very little; it really looks pretty much like new. Very soft cotton canvas, with a dark brown corduroy collar, and the same cord inside the cuffs, if you like that turned-back look. Two lower outside pockets with button flaps, and a small upper pocket with a button flap. Inside there's one zippered pocket (left chest) and a small buttoned pocket (right chest). Front closes with a zipper and a flap that buttons over that. Body is lined in flannel, sleeves in polyester. No insulation. Note that it's a fairly bright red, though not wildly so—I think my phone makes it look a little brighter than it really is. I also included two outdoor photos of it for comparison. The fit is not trim, but not billowy either: pit to pit is 25.5"; shoulder to shoulder is 18.5" (but from edge to edge of the gussets, 21.5"); length from collar seam to hem is 32". The official price on these is $169, but they are almost always "on sale" for $129. I'm asking $69.

2) Martin+Osa nylon lightweight jacket, deep orange, size XL. Anyone remember M+O? They made some nice stuff. I was totally enamored with this in the spring of 2010, but after that I guess I lost interest. I'm posting it because it's an unusual piece and it may appeal to someone. Styled with a blazer-like collar, it has adjustable side tabs attached to an elastic strip that runs through a channel at the back waist (see photos). 64% cotton/36% nylon. Not exactly water repellent, but if you happened to get caught in a light drizzle you'd be okay. Four outer flap pockets, zipper closure with a five-button front over it (the lowest three buttons are hidden by a fly front when buttoned)—buttons are chunky metal, and kind of hefty. One inside zippered pocket on the lower left. It had been hanging in my closet for a while, so I just ran it through a wash—it's machine washable on the gentle cycle, but don't put it in the dryer. Pit to pit is 25"; shoulder to shoulder is 19"; length from collar seam to hem is 33". I'm thinking $40 for this one.

3) Gustin "straight fit" heather gray selvedge jeans, size 35. I've given up on Gustin; I want to support them, but nothing I've bought from them fits me right. Maybe one of you will have better luck. I think the source of the denim in these is Japan. Button fly. I received them about 18 months ago, they were washed once in cold water and hung to dry. But it's hopeless, even in their straight fit I can't wear them. I'm not really a selvedge guy anyway; I guess I just liked the color. Their official size chart has these measurements for this size: waist 35.5"; rise 11.5"; thigh (2" down) 24.75"; knee (15" down) 18.5"; leg opening 18.25"; inseam 36". I just re-measured everything, and I got 24" for the thigh, 18" for the knee, and 17" for the leg opening; the others are the same. I paid around $100 for them, and I know I'm not going to get that back; I think $60 is about right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    bump: almost 200 views but no takers... may have to banish these items to Poshmark! Offers considered, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    bump; please, somebody make me a reasonable offer on the Gustin jeans so I can tell all the Poshmark lowball-offerers to go jump in a lake...