Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spier and Mackay thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have one Spier and Mackay suit and I LOVE it. For the money, I don't think you can do much better. Mine has non-functioning, non-accent stitched sleeves for what it's worth (bought earlier this year). So they would be very easy to alter. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality for the money. I don't need another suit at the moment, but if I did, they'd be my first stop.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    It's good to hear they dropped the stitching. I figure if you want accents around faux buttons, you can have that added.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Fellow 5'7" here. I have a 40S sportcoat from S&M and after slight adjustments to the sleeve length, it fits perfectly. As others have said, make use of the measurements on their site and compare them to a sportcoat or suit that already fits you well. I took very careful measurements of my favorite Samuelsohn sportcoat and put them in my phone. That way, I have them at my fingertips and can very quickly make the call on the right size when I'm ordering online.

Buy two sizes and have them both shipped to you, then ship the one back that doesn't fit. I do that quite frequently when there is free shipping involved since I am in between sizes for shoes and suits/sportcoats.