Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thin quilted vest

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Thin quilted vest

Iím looking for a vest to wear over a thermal Henley or flannel shirt. This one from target was on the main page and I found some information on this one from J.Crew factory. I donít think I want black because I rarely wear that color, Iím leaning toward navy but not sure it is the right color either. Anyone else have a thin vest like this? What color did you go with and why? How do you rock it?

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/47752?mo...olor_name=navy
    https://www.target.com/p/men-s-stand...02#lnk=sametab

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    I have a green one and and blue one with brown accents on both. They are actually Field and Stream ones from Sams of all places. They are more relaxed than the one linked from Jcrew and thinner, but I really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    I have one of those JCrew Factory ones in black. It's certainly not bad, but if you have the extra jack to spend, the JCrew ones are nicer. I have one of those in navy and also olive, which are both more useful than black, IMO, because they match/look good with more stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I have the navy jcrew factory walker vest and its perfect with all kinds of colored henleys, flannels or other button downs, or crew neck sweaters. I have a quilted one from BR that is grey and thinner that I like too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Vest

Uniqlo's Ultra Light Down Vest works great for me. I think it's warm enough for the scenario you describe. It's thin enough to wear under a jacket or even a sportcoat for a warm layer without being bulky. Also, it comes in a nice range of colors.

I bought one when I ran into unexpectedly chilly weather on a late spring vacation and I find that I wear it a lot.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1108 Post(s)
    I wanted to try the vest thing and found this on a daily deal for $30. so far I like it...

https://bananarepublicfactory.gapfac...Text=mens+vest

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. Definitely looking for something more like a canvas material on the outside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I wanted to try the vest thing and found this on a daily deal for $30. so far I like it...

https://bananarepublicfactory.gapfac...Text=mens+vest
    I bought the same in olive and just received it today. I really like this one - though I will have to have it taken in at the sides, being the smedium that I am - and I have many vests. This one is way less expensive than some of my others but looks and feels good, all the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I just purchased the Mizzen & Main vest for $75 (use the $50 referral to send to yourself). Fantastic material, great fit, highly recommend.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    I have one of those quilted ones from J Crew (J Crew proper, not factory) that's more than a decade old and still nice. I also have a more recently purchased (steep spring markdown on Huckberry) Penfield vest that's more similar to the Target one. I don't think Huckberry is selling them anymore but mine has, instead of the stand up collar, a more bomber-jacket-like elasticized ribbing around the neck. It's warm and looks great over a flannel shirt but is definitely puffier than the J Crew one.
    ďClothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.Ē Ė Mark Twain