Thread: Gift Ideas.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Gift Ideas.

I've been dating my current girlfriend now, for about 8 months. She is always so super thoughtful and kind. She buys me little gifts here and there, and is always surprising me with stuff that shows me she is thinking about me. I havent much reciprocated in that area, thus the reason for this thread. I'd like to get her something special, that shows her that I think about her also. I can put together a decent outfit (in part because of this website), but when it comes to getting gifts for others, bluntly, I suck at it. I would like to get her a necklace with a charm or some kind of bracelet, but I want it to say, "you're special to me and I was thinking about you", not, "will you marry me". If anyone has anyone has any ideas of something in that area, I welcome it. I am looking for something like $100 or less. Nothing too busy, just something that lets her know that I appreciate her. TYIA.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1076 Post(s)
    I got my wife these little charm bangle things from Alex and Ani that she really enjoys when she wears them. You could also buy a personalized version of something she uses everyday. It seems most things can have a personalized version these days which adds just the extra touch of "I was thinking of you"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, something she will use everyday for her taste.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    I was in a similar situation with a girlfriend around the same time frame into dating. We were talking about knitting scarves because my sister was knitting one and my girlfriend commented that she had knitted ones for other people but no one had ever knitted her one.

Long story short I learned how to knit a scarf and needed one in her favorite color for her. She is now my wife.

The gift doesn’t have to be big it just has to be personal based on something you know about her that not everyone else would.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    gifts for women are such a minefield. I try to take special note anytime she mentions a specific item. I cant buy her clothes because she is tiny but curvy. I can buy her shoes but she has a ton so those dont get much of that warm feeling past the opening of the gift. I have bought concert and play tickets for her and those go over well. I have stolen pics off of her insta/FB and had them printed for her. She is a sun-glass fiend so I can do those sometimes. Beyond that, I am in the struggle just like you lol. In general, I will say most women really appreciate you planning an event. So sign up for glass blowing or an escape room or something like that, if there is something you think she would be into. My wife keeps saying she wants to do a wine/painting thing and I dont like either so I am dragging my feet. But that will probably be our anniversary present. Dance lessons are on the table too. Women usually love to dance, men usually hate it (usually because we dont want to look dumb).

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I got my wife these little charm bangle things from Alex and Ani that she really enjoys when she wears them. You could also buy a personalized version of something she uses everyday. It seems most things can have a personalized version these days which adds just the extra touch of "I was thinking of you"
    So slap a bedazzled name tag on the broom? cool, thanks.

Who am I kidding, she doesn't clean lol.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1076 Post(s)
    Thinking about events...I know Whole Foods offers cooking classes. Those could be fun to do together or have like her and a friend go?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Thinking about events...I know Whole Foods offers cooking classes. Those could be fun to do together or have like her and a friend go?
    Never been to one at Whole Foods but we do them once a year or so. Always have a good time!

Edit: Another one is a spa day. Something for her to go relax and get pampered, then have the place nice and clean with flowers and dinner made for when she’s done and gets back.