Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dresser Options - Drawers give me fits

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Ya. I guess what I like about Elfa drawer systems is the variety of drawer sizes when and where you want them. So I can arrange my drawers based on how I need and use them rather than force fitting into what's already given.
    I think their annual sale is in February time frame. Also if you know anyone that works there they can get you 50% off. It’s a great system.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    I am terrible with this as far as socks are concerned. Try as I might, I can never get my socks organized. I fold them and put them nicely in the drawer. By the end of the week, the drawer is a mess. Some kind of sock organized would be super beneficial for me. Of course, I think if you searched the forums you'd find a post from me from several years ago where I was asking for suggestions/solutions. And I've still not done anything about it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    I am lucky enough to have a whole walk in closet to myself. I use the wire shelves and some woven baskets for my fold-able items. I am very seriously considering either buying or building a closet system like this: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/algot-system-11468/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I am terrible with this as far as socks are concerned. Try as I might, I can never get my socks organized. I fold them and put them nicely in the drawer. By the end of the week, the drawer is a mess. Some kind of sock organized would be super beneficial for me. Of course, I think if you searched the forums you'd find a post from me from several years ago where I was asking for suggestions/solutions. And I've still not done anything about it.
    I have this within my drawers. The socks are rolled and sorted by color. I’m really ocd about my organization haha. I love it. Keeps everything within its areas and easy to keep up.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/dra...ganizers&pos=9

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    That is exactly what I need! Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I use these: https://www.amazon.com/Foraineam-Hon...1167372&sr=8-4 for my rolled-up socks and boxer briefs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Those organizers are exactly whey I think a system like Elfa drawers would be so much better. The deep drawers in a typical dresser are wasted space when all they get used for is a flat of socks. With a drawer system, I can specify the depth and as many as I need. I'm liking where this might go.