Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traditional Flannel Shirts

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    It is! I’m usually a L and I’m a 44” chest, 36 sleeve. The small on this chart is that size chest.
    That's what I thought. I am the same size as you, and the XTRA Small is a 44". That seems crazy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'm curious about Vermont Flannels sizing. Their large is a 51" chest and 37.5" sleeve. That seems ginormous to me. Even the small seems huge. Am I reading this wrong?

The fitted sizing seemed a lot tighter.

If you want a laugh, check out the sizing on the henleys.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinginyourhead View Post
    I personally like the fit of Lands' End flagship flannel much better than LL Bean. Even in their "slightly fitted" cut (the slimmest they make, I believe), the LL Bean shirts I tried were pretty baggy. Granted, a flannel shirt shouldn't fit skin-tight, but it shouldn't fit like a sack, either. LE makes traditional, tailored, and slim fit (but only the traditional and tailored in tall sizes). For me, at 6'2" and 210 lbs., the medium tall tailored fit for LE was the right choice. Still plenty of room to move, and I can wash and dry them without worrying.
    I am now questioning if I have ever worn the right size! I am 6'2" and 215 and am borderline between L and XL in most things. If I wore a medium it would look like spandex. I had usually worn XL as I thought L were too tight across the chest and too short in the body, but I recently tried a Large in a target short-sleeved henley and I can get on with that. But medium.....

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbiscuit View Post
    I am now questioning if I have ever worn the right size! I am 6'2" and 215 and am borderline between L and XL in most things. If I wore a medium it would look like spandex. I had usually worn XL as I thought L were too tight across the chest and too short in the body, but I recently tried a Large in a target short-sleeved henley and I can get on with that. But medium.....
    Do you know your chest measurement? That's usually a pretty good guide for sizing. Most mediums are designed to fit a 38-40 inch chest, large is usually 42-44, etc.