Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flint and Tinder - 10 Year Hoodie?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)
    Why wouldn't any decent hoodie last 10 years?

I have a RL hoodie purchased sometime in the late 90s that is still in perfect condition, despite me wearing it all through college and law school, and now wearing it around the house when it's cold. My mother had purchased it; while I'm sure it wasn't cheap as hoodies go, pretty hard to argue with 20 years of service, and given how it still looks new, it seems like it'll last the rest of my life

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    i have this hoodie- i wear it a lot when walking the dog, etc chores around/outside. It is noticebly thicker than most other hoodies I own, soft inside but feels durable (but not scratchy) on the outside. Definitely a good work horse hoodie, warm too. The only thing I don't like is that it seems to be chopped a bit shorter than most other lengths of hoodies I have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn View Post
    I don't think a ten year hoodie is that much of an accomplishment. I mean, I have had normal cheap hoodies, I have never worn them out. I could see a graphic on a hoodie fading, but a hoodie, even a favorite, worn every day hoodie is going to last.
    Agreed! I'm a big trail runner so I have a ton of hoodie swag that I've acquired over the years. Even my favorite one that I wear all of the time is still in great shape. Go buy yourself a nice 10-year sweater instead

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlielo View Post
    Agreed! I'm a big trail runner so I have a ton of hoodie swag that I've acquired over the years. Even my favorite one that I wear all of the time is still in great shape. Go buy yourself a nice 10-year sweater instead
    Why not just buy a 30 year sweatshirt?

https://www.tomcridland.com/products...irt-chilli-red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a F&T 10-Year hoodie in forest green, and I LOVE it. It's definitely not a thin hoodie you can layer under a flannel -- this guy is Beefy. It's perfect with sweatpants for lounging around the house on a chilly, lazy day, and with selvage denim and flannel for some real outdoor weather. It's boxy, but structured, and the hood is kinda massive. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I'm kinda living in this thing this autumn.