Thread: Stays for a club collar

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Stays for a club collar

How-dee.

I have a lovely Brooks club collar shirt that came with some fair-to-middlin plastic stays that do the job relatively adequately, but I find myself yearning for something a bit more substantial.

Does anyone know where stays for a club collar (meaning no points, rounded on both ends) might be acquired? Brooks definitely doesn't carry any, and googling hasn't really provided much of anything. Not even Kirby Allison's sovereign elegance of luxury has something for a club collar. (I poke fun but the guy has a great YT channel and some fantastic shoe brushes)

Anywho. Hope your saturday night is as magnificent as mine.....lounging on the couch with some 1792 and my buffalo plaid sherpa-lined yacket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    Regular shirt stays but turned around so the broader end is down?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Doesn't work geometrically. Pokes my neck.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    Shirt stays are generally pretty thin metal. Should be easy to use a pair of tie snips or wire cutters and a file to turn a pair of long pointed stays into standard-length rounded ones. Heck, even a pair of decent quality regular scissors could probably manage it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    I have a shirt with a club collar and the shortest stays from a set I have work. I'm not sure why you need them rounded on both ends.

That said, I've also done this, because I have a shirt with an even narrower collar:

Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
    Shirt stays are generally pretty thin metal. Should be easy to use a pair of tie snips or wire cutters and a file to turn a pair of long pointed stays into standard-length rounded ones. Heck, even a pair of decent quality regular scissors could probably manage it.
    The stays I received from Charles Tyrwhitt a few years back are particularly easy to cut. These seem to be the same:

https://www.ctshirts.com/us/3-pack-s...feners&start=1
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?