Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Dappered confessions

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    Honestly I'm pro cargo shorts as well. The only issue is finding a pair that still has a presentable fit. The utilitarian nature of them makes that harder. Paired with a short sleeve top/casual polo/henley, I find it a more acceptable casual look than the shorter, tighter chino shorts menswear promotes, which often comes off preppy (which is a style I don't care for).
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    Yeah, I think I agree. I've always been a cargo shorts guy but this past spring and summer I did chino shorts because it seemed like the proper thing to do. But you know what? I was never quite happy with the look. Then I went down to Florida last week to see family and my dad was wearing exclusively cargo shorts -- nothing fancy, just cargo shorts and polos mainly, and it was a good look. I only packed chinos and was wishing I had some cargos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    While I'm not a fan of cargo pants or shorts, I do admit the main objection I have is the baggy fit most seem to wear them in. With a properly fitted pair, they would look much more presentable. I could see slim fitted cargo pants, a well fitted ribbed henley, and desert boots being a nice casual "rugged" fall look.
    I am on a cruise right now and grown-ass men are wearing cargo shorts to go dancing at night in the nightclub--Sometimes with dress shirts and sometimes with all manner of tank-tops and undershirts. But that's better than the big ones who are wearing their little speedos by the pool, I guess.

I haven't worn mine at all yet. Hiking will be next week and it is nice to have the extra pockets for cargo. I used to hike a lot and I still have a very utilitarian pair with all sorts of pockets with zippers with interior pockets that close with velcro and extra belt loops to hang things on. Very handy. I got them at REI almost 20 years ago and they do not look stylish in any sense of the word.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Blundstones have literally been on the main site before soooooo.
    Yes, and they’re being sold at Sid Mashburn, Todd Snyder, J. Crew, etc. I think they are a pretty dappered purchase, so long as you weren’t planning to wear them with a suit...