Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dappered confessions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Ya. See... I've convinced myself that it's no big deal because I can just slip the shorts off without removing my shoes and slip another pair on in seconds. Oh, how easily I've rationalized this behavior! Every now and then I really surprise myself with how vain I still am.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1444 Post(s)
    <sigh>

I haven't bought a new pair of shoes for the past six months...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I made a dappered sacrilege purchase and picked up a pair of Blundstone boots the other day. Looking forward to them! Who's gonna put the cuffs on me?
    Last edited by Amesbury; November 9th, 2019 at 10:31 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Would it fit this thread to admit that I don't own a navy, wool sportcoat?

Quote Originally Posted by Amesbury View Post
    I made a dappered sacrilege purchase and picked up a pair of Blundstone boots the other day. Looking forward to them! Whose gonna put the cuffs on me?
    My wife bought a pair of red Blundstones recently. Then I decided to purchase a pair of Dr Marten's Archie II shoes. I feel like it was for nostalgic reasons, as I remember everyone wearing similar shoes when I entered high school, but I wanted a pair that might be more office appropriate.

https://www.drmartens.com/ca/en_ca/p...ooth-archie-ii

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Would it fit this thread to admit that I don't own a navy, wool sportcoat?

My wife bought a pair of red Blundstones recently. Then I decided to purchase a pair of Dr Marten's Archie II shoes. I feel like it was for nostalgic reasons, as I remember everyone wearing similar shoes when I entered high school, but I wanted a pair that might be more office appropriate.

https://www.drmartens.com/ca/en_ca/p...ooth-archie-ii
    Doc Martens do flash me back to grade 8. I never had a real pair; only a look-a-like pair of brown "suede" ones.

These are the Blundstone boots I got: https://www.blundstone.ca/products/b...n-rustic-brown

Wish the toe was rounder but it's a tradeoff. Hoping the supposed waterproofness and sheepskin insoles can strike a balance between warmth, dryness, and decent looks while it's cold and ugly outside.

P.S. - My wife wanted a pair before I got mine. She's still undecided on which model she'll get. My decision to get a pair of Blundstones what that of pure spontaneity.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Amesbury; November 8th, 2019 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amesbury View Post
    I made a dappered sacrilege purchase and picked up a pair of Blundstone boots the other day. Looking forward to them! Whose gonna put the cuffs on me?
    Blundstones have literally been on the main site before soooooo.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Blundstones have literally been on the main site before soooooo.
    I haven't noticed but I'll take your word for it. I'm retracting my confession then and am happy to know that I have not sinned.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Honestly I'm pro cargo shorts as well. The only issue is finding a pair that still has a presentable fit. The utilitarian nature of them makes that harder. Paired with a short sleeve top/casual polo/henley, I find it a more acceptable casual look than the shorter, tighter chino shorts menswear promotes, which often comes off preppy (which is a style I don't care for).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    Honestly I'm pro cargo shorts as well. The only issue is finding a pair that still has a presentable fit. The utilitarian nature of them makes that harder. Paired with a short sleeve top/casual polo/henley, I find it a more acceptable casual look than the shorter, tighter chino shorts menswear promotes, which often comes off preppy (which is a style I don't care for).
    Yeah, I think I agree. I've always been a cargo shorts guy but this past spring and summer I did chino shorts because it seemed like the proper thing to do. But you know what? I was never quite happy with the look. Then I went down to Florida last week to see family and my dad was wearing exclusively cargo shorts -- nothing fancy, just cargo shorts and polos mainly, and it was a good look. I only packed chinos and was wishing I had some cargos.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    While I'm not a fan of cargo pants or shorts, I do admit the main objection I have is the baggy fit most seem to wear them in. With a properly fitted pair, they would look much more presentable. I could see slim fitted cargo pants, a well fitted ribbed henley, and desert boots being a nice casual "rugged" fall look.