Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Dappered confessions

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1067 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn View Post
    The thing with cargo shorts, is that they are always baggier because of the pockets, but they are also functional. That is, if you have something in the pockets, then they are justified.

About cargo pants, I used to wear cargo khakis in high school and I thought of them as my dressier pants. Really though, cargo pants/shorts are strictly work/leisurewear
    I had this punk rock mixed with Limp Bizkit phase. They started as khaki cargo pants in the winter with black shirts and a red NY Yankees hat then in the summer they would get turned into cargo shorts. and band tshirts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)
    Confession: until I got my style game together, I wore black square toed slip on "dress" shoes with everything, including suits and tan chinos.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    483 Post(s)
    I helped my wife coordinate (her business) a wedding this past weekend. Among the highlights of dress was a gentleman wearing cargo pants, black shoes, purple satin type shirt, black tie, and navy blue blazer.
    @Hebrew Barrister ... oh the things I wore about 15 years ago to work I'd dread now a days. I remember wearing those shoes in brown. My dad always did so I thought that was dressed up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Some years ago I used to wear Merrill sneakers everywhere and with everything. They were so ugly but they were comfortable. Fortunately I came to my senses at some point bought some decent footwear.