Thread: Dappered confessions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Dappered confessions

While this is a style forum and many like to view themselves as always dressed “dappered” we all have some style no-no secrets I’m sure. Curious what others are... time to admit your style no-no guilty pleasures!

Mine... as someone very outdoorsy I wear my “technical” clothing in the real world all the time. Bright orange puffy ✅ neon shell ✅ melly hoody (if you know you know) ✅ All my technical clothes are extremely well made and show off my character rather than an overcoat or something the like.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    527 Post(s)
    I have at least 4 suits I've never worn. Ssh.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    605 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    I have at least 4 suits I've never worn. Ssh.
    I have at least four pairs of shoes I've never worn other than to try them on. And several more that I've never worn outside the confines of our house and back deck.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Dappered confessions

Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I have at least four pairs of shoes I've never worn other than to try them on. And several more that I've never worn outside the confines of our house and back deck.
    I'm not bragging or anything, but I have 53 pairs of AE shoes/boots and I've only worn maybe 10 pairs. I see a deal, act on it, and "squirrel" it away and usually forget about it. Prime example, I have about 10 pairs of Gustin selvedge jeans/4 pairs of chinos that I put in a plastic bin and totally forgot about. I've since lost weight and can no longer fit them! I either have to sell them or find an experienced tailor in the metro-Atlanta area who can chain-stitch/alter the jeans/chinos. The weight loss is definitely good, but talk about being pissed after that discovery!!!
    The latest fashion trends should never influence your inner qualities. Let your wardrobe choices resonate from the inside out to depict who you are and how you feel. R. M.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    605 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Fresh! View Post
    I'm not bragging or anything, but I have 53 pairs of AE shoes/boots and I've only worn maybe 10 pairs. I see a deal, act on it, and "squirrel" it away and usually forget about it. Prime example, I have about 10 pairs of Gustin selvedge jeans/4 pairs of chinos that I put in a plastic bin and totally forgot about. I've since lost weight and can no longer fit them! I either have to sell them or find an experienced tailor in the metro-Atlanta area who can chain-stitch/alter the jeans/chinos. The weight loss is definitely good, but talk about being pissed after that discovery!!!
    Wow. And I thought I was bad with my shoe collection:

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...ght=collection

Four of the pairs in the back row are currently in the car waiting for me to take them to Goodwill.

@2Fresh!, I would love to see a photo of all of your shoes!
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatshoes&bowties View Post
    While this is a style forum and many like to view themselves as always dressed “dappered” we all have some style no-no secrets I’m sure. Curious what others are... time to admit your style no-no guilty pleasures!

Mine... as someone very outdoorsy I wear my “technical” clothing in the real world all the time. Bright orange puffy ✅ neon shell ✅ melly hoody (if you know you know) ✅ All my technical clothes are extremely well made and show off my character rather than an overcoat or something the like.
    Hey, that's being dappered if you're heading into downtown Seattle/South Lake Union.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Hey, that's being dappered if you're heading into downtown Seattle/South Lake Union.
    In Vermont we call that formal wear.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    i now wear boat shoes to work every day in an office

i regularly combine a henley with a blazer

i no longer wear dress shirts

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1092 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post

i regularly combine a henley with a blazer

i no longer wear dress shirts
    I thought WTF is Scofield doing then saw the post where you changed jobs. That was me once I got out of wearing jackets and ties 4 days a week. I now only do dress trousers 2-3 times per month.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Technically mine are camp mocs, but I do this too. It's funny because I used to wear AEs pretty much every day. Then the rest of my team kind of started getting into nice footwear, and I found myself reaching for the easiest slip-on shoes that I can still get away with in my fairly casual office. I don't think the transitions are related, but still funny to see my coworkers in different AEs every day where as I'm almost always wearing my humble camp mocs. I do still break out the AEs from time to time, but nowhere near as often as I used to.

Another one for me is that, outside of footwear, my business formal wear collection is almost non-existent. I own one medium grey JAB suit that I picked up as a groomsman 5+ years ago and probably one passable white dress shirt somewhere in the depths of my closet. All of my other collared shirts are either OCDBs or polos. The only blazer/sport coat I own leans very casual. One of these days I'll get around to buying a nice navy suit, just hasn't happened yet.