Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered confessions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Dappered confessions

While this is a style forum and many like to view themselves as always dressed “dappered” we all have some style no-no secrets I’m sure. Curious what others are... time to admit your style no-no guilty pleasures!

Mine... as someone very outdoorsy I wear my “technical” clothing in the real world all the time. Bright orange puffy ✅ neon shell ✅ melly hoody (if you know you know) ✅ All my technical clothes are extremely well made and show off my character rather than an overcoat or something the like.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    I have at least 4 suits I've never worn. Ssh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatshoes&bowties View Post
    While this is a style forum and many like to view themselves as always dressed “dappered” we all have some style no-no secrets I’m sure. Curious what others are... time to admit your style no-no guilty pleasures!

Mine... as someone very outdoorsy I wear my “technical” clothing in the real world all the time. Bright orange puffy ✅ neon shell ✅ melly hoody (if you know you know) ✅ All my technical clothes are extremely well made and show off my character rather than an overcoat or something the like.
    Hey, that's being dappered if you're heading into downtown Seattle/South Lake Union.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    i now wear boat shoes to work every day in an office

i regularly combine a henley with a blazer

i no longer wear dress shirts

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I sometimes wear a pair of Nike Air Monarchs in public. Granted it's strictly to the gym but still.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    I have at least 4 suits I've never worn. Ssh.
    I have at least four pairs of shoes I've never worn other than to try them on. And several more that I've never worn outside the confines of our house and back deck.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Dappered confessions

Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I have at least four pairs of shoes I've never worn other than to try them on. And several more that I've never worn outside the confines of our house and back deck.
    I'm not bragging or anything, but I have 53 pairs of AE shoes/boots and I've only worn maybe 10 pairs. I see a deal, act on it, and "squirrel" it away and usually forget about it. Prime example, I have about 10 pairs of Gustin selvedge jeans/4 pairs of chinos that I put in a plastic bin and totally forgot about. I've since lost weight and can no longer fit them! I either have to sell them or find an experienced tailor in the metro-Atlanta area who can chain-stitch/alter the jeans/chinos. The weight loss is definitely good, but talk about being pissed after that discovery!!!
    The latest fashion trends should never influence your inner qualities. Let your wardrobe choices resonate from the inside out to depict who you are and how you feel. R. M.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Fresh! View Post
    I'm not bragging or anything, but I have 53 pairs of AE shoes/boots and I've only worn maybe 10 pairs. I see a deal, act on it, and "squirrel" it away and usually forget about it. Prime example, I have about 10 pairs of Gustin selvedge jeans/4 pairs of chinos that I put in a plastic bin and totally forgot about. I've since lost weight and can no longer fit them! I either have to sell them or find an experienced tailor in the metro-Atlanta area who can chain-stitch/alter the jeans/chinos. The weight loss is definitely good, but talk about being pissed after that discovery!!!
    What size are the shoes and pants, good friend?!?

Gustin pants are not bad though they do fit pretty tight overall. Have you tried them on? Or given them a wash, they should shrink quite a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Dappered confessions

Quote Originally Posted by edmunder View Post
    What size are the shoes and pants, good friend?!?

Gustin pants are not bad though they do fit pretty tight overall. Have you tried them on? Or given them a wash, they should shrink quite a bit.
    Thanks for the info. Most of the shoes are 11D and I'm not letting any of them go. The jeans are 37 straight and I'm now down to 34. They're brand new, tried on only. I doubt they will shrink 3 inches though. I know that Gustin has a defined return/exchange policy but it couldn't hurt to ask...
    The latest fashion trends should never influence your inner qualities. Let your wardrobe choices resonate from the inside out to depict who you are and how you feel. R. M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    i now wear boat shoes to work every day in an office

i regularly combine a henley with a blazer

i no longer wear dress shirts
    This is what I’m talking about! Welcome to the dark side of accepting boat shoes are the greatest shoes ever made