Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered confessions

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    I tend to try and look Dappered when I go out, but at home, it's almost always athletic shorts and no shirt. Anyone else just a bum at home, or does anyone have nicer lounge wear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arête View Post
    I tend to try and look Dappered when I go out, but at home, it's almost always athletic shorts and no shirt. Anyone else just a bum at home, or does anyone have nicer lounge wear?
    I basically live in Patagonia baggies in the summer. Perfect for lounging, breezy, no need for underwear and comes in cool colors. I may also be guilty of wearing them out in the summer, when it’s 85/90 and humid I honestly don’t care and find that baggies and a casual shirt sleeve button down and boat shoes or rainbow flip flops are perfect for hanging at a beer garden or brewery.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    nicer lounge wear? Is this a thing? Shorts and a t-shirt at home. On both days when it's cold in Dallas, jeans and a sweatshirt. Like you, I reserve my Dappered looks for when I leave the house. And if it's just a grocery store run, I can assure you that I am dressed and that's about it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)
    Same. I got sweat shorts from one of the supplement companies I use and they are so comfortable for around the house or the dog walk. Also hoodies and under armour fleece pants with a hoodie are default fall winter wear around the house or super quick errands or dog walking.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motosacto View Post
    ...and dad wear (501s...
    Are 501s considered dad wear? I hadn't considered this but I guess I can see it due to the straight cut and higher rise.

What's the Dappered consensus on this?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    Are 501s considered dad wear? I hadn't considered this but I guess I can see it due to the straight cut and higher rise.

What's the Dappered consensus on this?
    Cut is such an important part of fit, that I'd say color of denim translates more to "dad-wear" than cut.

But that being said, if you're a dad, well then I'd say you've earned the right to go with dad-wear when necessary.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Cut is such an important part of fit, that I'd say color of denim translates more to "dad-wear" than cut.

But that being said, if you're a dad, well then I'd say you've earned the right to go with dad-wear when necessary.
    I mean the other way. Fit more than color is what attributes dad jeans. Yes dads traditionally wear lighter wash but to me when I think dad jeans I think poor fitting, baggy, maybe carpenter or even extra pocket type jeans.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    I mean the other way. Fit more than color is what attributes dad jeans. Yes dads traditionally wear lighter wash but to me when I think dad jeans I think poor fitting, baggy, maybe carpenter or even extra pocket type jeans.
    ...but what if they're a carpenter?

and baggy fellas need baggy jeans. i guess it's part of the whole package.

i think we can all agree that anyone wearing crocs (especially with socks) needs to be dragged out back and worked over with a rubber hose.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)
    and in my defense, I wear cargo pants every day

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I sometimes wear Ralph Lauren stuff with <gasp> logos!
    I occasionally wear after shave.
    I regularly wear flip-flops in the summer.
    I kind of like hoodies and occasionally wear one.
    I HATE white sneakers, especially with dark jeans or pants.

I regret nothing.