Thread: Business Trip Rain Coat help

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)

Business Trip Rain Coat help

All

Iím leaving tomorrow for a work trip to Tulsa. Forecast has rain everyday. Itís a business casual trip but Iím trying to dress up since itís the first time meeting a lot of the people. Attire for me is suit sans tie. Sport coat and chinos etc.

Itís a short trip with events all day and after evening hang outs. Given the weather Iím wondering if I should take an actual rain coat aka a neon yellow Columbia one that packs down small. Or my drivers rain coat from JCFactory in blue.

Head says JCF one but it lacks a hood and is bigger for such a short trip. Thoughts?

Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    All

Iím leaving tomorrow for a work trip to Tulsa. Forecast has rain everyday. Itís a business casual trip but Iím trying to dress up since itís the first time meeting a lot of the people. Attire for me is suit sans tie. Sport coat and chinos etc.

Itís a short trip with events all day and after evening hang outs. Given the weather Iím wondering if I should take an actual rain coat aka a neon yellow Columbia one that packs down small. Or my drivers rain coat from JCFactory in blue.

Head says JCF one but it lacks a hood and is bigger for such a short trip. Thoughts?
    For travel like that, I usually take a Mac style rain coat and a compact umbrella that fits in a compartment in my bag. If youíre going to be outside a lot and donít have/want to purchase a compact umbrella, then Iíd wear the jacket with the hood. If youíre outside minimally, go with the JCF.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    Looking at the weather forecast for Tulsa, it looks like it could be a bit warm for a suit jacket or blazer. You might be the only one wearing a long rain coat, though I have no idea about the culture and style there.

But rainy warm weather is a problem I still haven't solved. I tried looking for a packable poncho in a plain gray color, but it's hard to find in stores. I figure the shorter and looser sleeves and looser body would keep me cooler.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    Thanks all. Figuring Iíd be inside for most of the day and I get pretty cold so not too worried about the suit. Bringing the longer coat. We will see. Hotel is a block or two from the office.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1400 Post(s)
    I'd aim for a Mac jacket. If you don't see yourself wearing the jacket that often, go for a Mac from Old Navy. They aren't that expensive but still look good.