Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay I can't contain it any longer

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Okay I can't contain it any longer

I'm freakin stoked and I just wanna blurt it out. :P

Applied a while back for consideration and just got notice I was approved for:

Private 0500 tour of Stonehenge, inside the ropes, and we get to watch the sun rise from INSIDE THE CIRCLE.

I've been to some pretty out of the way places, and seen my fair share of exotic sun rises and sets....but from inside freakin Stonehenge?

Anywho.

That's in July. I'll certainly be blogging about it.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    That's great! Which shoes will you wear?
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    That's awesome! I have always wanted to go to Stonehenge. Congrats!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    That's great! Which shoes will you wear?

We're doing like...6 or 7 countries in about 2 weeks, so backpacks and maybe a carry-on size duffel (garment duffel probably, for our fancy london din-din wear) will be the maximum effort. AE Strands (MAYBE the bourbon daltons, depends on room in backpack) for the dress-up occasion(s), Higgins for a lot of the time, and sneakers for heavy-walking days. Higgs probably for the Henge, it can be quite muddy and moist.

Obviously taking some saddle soap, conditioner, wax/water/old t-shirt, and a brush just in case.

The day we land we're basically going straight to St James/Mayfair/Savile Row for a little sartorial sightseeing. She's got a private boutique experience booked (she doesn't know this yet) at a retro/pinup style spot, and between the brownie points for that and this Stonehenge deal, I'll be cashing in every single one of them for a fitting at Cleverley. Think Russian Reindeer.

Once in a lifetime and all.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    We're doing like...6 or 7 countries in about 2 weeks, so backpacks and maybe a carry-on size duffel (garment duffel probably, for our fancy london din-din wear) will be the maximum effort. AE Strands (MAYBE the bourbon daltons, depends on room in backpack) for the dress-up occasion(s), Higgins for a lot of the time, and sneakers for heavy-walking days. Higgs probably for the Henge, it can be quite muddy and moist.

Obviously taking some saddle soap, conditioner, wax/water/old t-shirt, and a brush just in case.

The day we land we're basically going straight to St James/Mayfair/Savile Row for a little sartorial sightseeing. She's got a private boutique experience booked (she doesn't know this yet) at a retro/pinup style spot, and between the brownie points for that and this Stonehenge deal, I'll be cashing in every single one of them for a fitting at Cleverley. Think Russian Reindeer.

Once in a lifetime and all.
    Well, if it's a fitting for Russian Reindeer, then it has to be shoes. Wow--sweet! I requested something in Russian Reindeer for Xmas. That might work out, but it's not going to be shoes.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; December 3rd, 2019 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Well, if it's a fitting for Russian Reindeer, then it has to be shoes. Wow--sweet! I requested something in Russian Reindeer for Xmas. That might work out, but it's not going to be shoes.
    yeah it's shoes. MAYBE a boot, but we'll see where pricing is.

we've got her car paid off, and between now and july we'll have our EDC trip AND the europe trip (transportation, hotels, tickets to events, etc) completely paid off as well as credit cards done, so we're treating ourselves a little. It's basically a "we're both 40 this year, fuck it, let's do big shit" kinda mentality.

So we're also going to Bucharest to drive the Transfargarasan Highway. Which is significant for anyone who watches Top Gear.
    Last edited by armedferret; December 4th, 2019 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    That's really cool! Congrats!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Please fix my type (it should have been "it's" not "its"), so I'm not quoted forever as not knowing the difference.
    sorry had to do it from work; was only on my phone last night and it defaults to always deleting posts when i try to edit.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    sorry had to do it from work; was only on my phone last night and it defaults to always deleting posts when i try to edit.
    Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    I would have a hard time with bespoke shoes. For Russian Reindeer, I would go with boots but there are so many styles it would be hard to choose. Once you figure out style then you have all the details...

Maybe I can talk my wife into something big for our 40th though I know we will do something big around 45 when the mortgage is paid off.