Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current State of the Collection

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Haha--yes, there's no place like home. I only wear those around the house.

Okay, cowboy boots--I think that is one thing my wife would support. We occasionally go to a country bar near our place. She doesn't like that I don't have proper boots.
    Careful...a boot obsession could get way more expensive than your shoe obsession. Trust me, I have both! Close to 30 pairs of shoes and 3 pairs of boots. The problem with boots is that $200-$300 is the low end of the spectrum.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Careful...a boot obsession could get way more expensive than your shoe obsession. Trust me, I have both! Close to 30 pairs of shoes and 3 pairs of boots. The problem with boots is that $200-$300 is the low end of the spectrum.
    Agreed. Luckily, living in DFW, I have access to the Justin Boot outlet in Fort Worth, but even "seconds" are $300 minimum. Tecovas has some really good looking ostrich ones for reasonable prices. "Reasonable" is relative.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I've never owned any cowboy boots but I went through a phase last year where I was toying with the idea of getting a pair. The Tecovas brand is interesting -- looks like they might have good bang for buck.

https://www.tecovas.com/collections/mens-collection

But my impression is that Lucchese is sort of the gold standard for boots:

https://www.lucchese.com/shop/mens/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Haha--yes, there's no place like home. I only wear those around the house.

Okay, cowboy boots--I think that is one thing my wife would support. We occasionally go to a country bar near our place. She doesn't like that I don't have proper boots.
    Unless you're riding your horses to the bar, I don't think boots are necessary there

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Unless you're riding your horses to the bar, I don't think boots are necessary there
    Maybe if you're in East Californi--sorry, "Austin"....when you're in Real Texas then yes....they pretty much are. The only acceptable alternative is well-worn work boots.
    @mebejoseph Tecovas ostrich are on my list to snag when I'm re-enlisting at the Alamo in February. And don't forget the AE shell trunk show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Maybe if you're in East Californi--sorry, "Austin"....
    LOL!!!!!
    when you're in Real Texas then yes....they pretty much are.
    Probably. I'm not a Texan so can't comment on it. I was being a bit silly. A little tongue-in-cheek. I grew up riding and have always viewed boots as purpose-designed footwear. It always looks funny to me to see someone wearing boots without the purpose (work that requires them, riding, etc...). Having said that, I've worn board shorts and don't surf, so...

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)
    you're talking to the king of silly friend. i wear a horse mask in random situations just because.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    you're talking to the king of silly friend. i wear a horse mask in random situations just because.