Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allen Edmonds Shell Trunk Show 2019.2

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I swung by this morning with no plans to purchase - just wanted to have a look at the shaved cordovan 5th Ave and see what all the fuss is about. 10 minutes later I was swiping my card for a pair of Strands in Chili.
    Nice!!!

I've wanted 5th street boots for ages and missed them before they got rid of them, so I'm determined to stick to my original plan for navy but that chili is making my loins ache.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Nice!!!

I've wanted 5th street boots for ages and missed them before they got rid of them, so I'm determined to stick to my original plan for navy but that chili is making my loins ache.
    The cordovan colors are really amazing. I have Strandmocks in navy but the cordovan navy is beyond that. So rich! Same with the chili. A rich, deep luster. Just incredible. Boots in any color will be extraordinary

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)
    Yeah I have burgundy Daltons already and was set to get brown strands, but for some unknown reason my width was suddenly unavailable on them. So i passed, and now I'm kinda glad I did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Anyone else having issues with their purchase from the Trunk Show? Mine kept being delayed (after being told they take 4 to 6 weeks, mind you) and I just heard today that the shoes were damaged and are now being remade. Ugh!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Anyone else having issues with their purchase from the Trunk Show? Mine kept being delayed (after being told they take 4 to 6 weeks, mind you) and I just heard today that the shoes were damaged and are now being remade. Ugh!

Nobody could tell me where they were at in the chain of construction. Thankfully the flaws on mine (all on the toes) were minor enough that a couple hours of brushing made them invisible from "normal person height". Pick 'em up and look closely you can still see the gouges in the toes but at this point it's better than just never getting them.

I was also overcharged by $50 and provided a "credit" to my account in the amount of the overcharge.

Others were not only refunded their overcharge amount, but their shoes were received in 1-3 weeks whereas mine just arrived this week (on the extreme tail end of the 8-12 week quote)

Not the greatest experience, and dealing with CS employees was......not something I wish to engage in again.

Calling the $50 a lesson learned and moving to Carmina and other brands. They cost more, but I've a feeling I'll be happier in the long run. Besides, I have way more than "all the styles I could ever need" so I can just focus on individual things I want now and then.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Nobody could tell me where they were at in the chain of construction. Thankfully the flaws on mine (all on the toes) were minor enough that a couple hours of brushing made them invisible from "normal person height". Pick 'em up and look closely you can still see the gouges in the toes but at this point it's better than just never getting them.

I was also overcharged by $50 and provided a "credit" to my account in the amount of the overcharge.

Others were not only refunded their overcharge amount, but their shoes were received in 1-3 weeks whereas mine just arrived this week (on the extreme tail end of the 8-12 week quote)

Not the greatest experience, and dealing with CS employees was......not something I wish to engage in again.

Calling the $50 a lesson learned and moving to Carmina and other brands. They cost more, but I've a feeling I'll be happier in the long run. Besides, I have way more than "all the styles I could ever need" so I can just focus on individual things I want now and then.
    Such a shame. And for the price, I expect zero flaws. Tomorrow will be 13 weeks and also the date of the event that I really wanted them for. I don't think I would have spent the money if I knew I wouldn't have them for this event. I'm about 90% confident that I'm canceling the order today. So sad.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Damaged shoes for which you were overcharged? And then they only gave you a credit? Or was the credit for the imperfections for the shoes?

If the former, I think that might be illegal and/or a violation of their agreement with the credit card processor.

And I never thought I'd see you decide to leave AE--you've been such a big fan. That's sad.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    The latest...

Apparently my shoe order came off the production line twice and was rejected for quality both times. By then, they ran out of the leather and had to re-order. To make up for it, they're offering to reduce the price down to $590 (the current sale price you'd pay for cordovan Strands but without the up-charge for the special color) and are promising them by mid-January.

Ugh!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)
    Well at least they're trying to make it right.

Would have been better if they'd made them right the first (2) time(s) of course, but it be what it be.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)
    I was a major grumpapotamus the day they arrived, but in case you don't venture into the stickied shoe thread, here's mine.

IMG_20191220_075345_661 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr