Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Casual shoes - sneakers edition

  1. #11
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Adidas Gazelles. They look great with pants and with shorts. They're also inexpensive enough to get some cool colors that will be awesome in limited combos but that you probably won't wear very much.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

  2. #12
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    There are some good looking Puma Suede Classics that would probably work for you too.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I highly recommend Beckett and Simonon for their affordable priced, quality shoes. Caveat, they are made to order and ship at a later date. However, they offer free shipping, returns and refunds and their customer service is EXCELLENT.

    Best of luck!

    https://www.beckettsimonon.com/
    The latest fashion trends should never influence your inner qualities. Let your wardrobe choices resonate from the inside out to depict who you are and how you feel. R. M.

  4. #14
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I'd probably go the Chukka route. Comfortable as sneakers, but dressed up while still casual.

  5. #15
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Why are you so intent on wearing sneakers if you admitted you dont really wear them outside of running? There are tons of comfortable non-sneaker casual shoes like loafers, bucks, saddle shoes, boat shoes, etc. Especially if you considering spending a decent amount of money on them.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whereismurder View Post
    Why are you so intent on wearing sneakers if you admitted you dont really wear them outside of running? There are tons of comfortable non-sneaker casual shoes like loafers, bucks, saddle shoes, boat shoes, etc. Especially if you considering spending a decent amount of money on them.
    This is the 'sneaker' edition of this thread. I need to start a non-sneaker one too. I'll hold on off going a side note tunnel for now, but I do also have boat shoes, loafers, and magnanni boots. I'm in my late 30's, and most of my time is spent doing family things. Of course, I'm not wearer sneakers on date night with my wife or out with friends. I want nicer sneakers to pair with my other "comfortable dad" wear (hoodies, t-shirts, etc.) at movies, restaurants with kids, etc. I like sneakers but know I can do better than my Nikes.

  7. #17
    Varsity Member APinNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesape View Post
    I want nicer sneakers to pair with my other "comfortable dad" wear (hoodies, t-shirts, etc.) at movies, restaurants with kids, etc. I like sneakers but know I can do better than my Nikes.
    Dad wear? Look no further than a pair of fresh, crispy Monarchs. Pair perfectly with some mid-shin ultra bright white socks.



    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I will second the suggestion of gazelles. Either those or sambas would fit in well as beater dad shoes that are still reasonably stylish.

  9. #19
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    510
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by APinNC View Post
    Dad wear? Look no further than a pair of fresh, crispy Monarchs. Pair perfectly with some mid-shin ultra bright white socks.



    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Pair that sock/shoe combo with cargo shorts and a fanny pack for maximum dad fashion.

  10. #20
    Varsity Member APinNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Pair that sock/shoe combo with cargo shorts and a fanny pack for maximum dad fashion.
    Or some jorts....

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •