Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: are you anticipating any specific fall mans clothing trends happening this year?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Definitely been noticing this. I've always wondered how Dappered will handle it when once forbidden garments come back into vogue. I understand the whole mantra of style vs. fashion, but I question if they'll stick to their dark denim guns through this one.
    While most of the posts on the site are myopic on dark denim I am sure no one thinks you should only buy a closet full of one type of jeans. I have always had one pair each of dark wash and light wash. There is a place for both. Dark wash just presents more dressy and put together.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Definitely been noticing this. I've always wondered how Dappered will handle it when once forbidden garments come back into vogue. I understand the whole mantra of style vs. fashion, but I question if they'll stick to their dark denim guns through this one.
    I think that light wash works fine where there's a fade, not where it's light all over.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whereismurder View Post
    While most of the posts on the site are myopic on dark denim I am sure no one thinks you should only buy a closet full of one type of jeans. I have always had one pair each of dark wash and light wash. There is a place for both. Dark wash just presents more dressy and put together.
    I mean you can wear the dark wash till they become light wash and then you have both :P

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Light wash denim has definitely been a growing trend for a couple years now. Though, I still like the darker wash stuff better in the winter. Also, as the heritage waxed cotton/quilted jacket look starts to fade away I'm guessing poly-fleece and outdoor wear (stuff made for expeditions - gore tex shells, etc.) as regular everyday outerwear will come back. It never really went away because when the weather is bad enough practicality wins over style for a lot of people, but I'm expecting it'll be all over even on days when the weather doesn't totally suck. That was a look in the '90s and the '90s are the current era having a fashion cycle moment. Right now the kids are wearing literally what was big when I was in college during the late '80s/early '90s. Tie dye made it's first post-'60s comeback then, and it's back now too. Everyone wore light wash denim. I'm expecting some variation on the grunge look to cycle back into vogue at some point soon too.

As for the trendy new color (there's always one - a few years ago it was burnt orange, maroon/burgundy was big for a season too) I'm guessing stuff that's sort of a greenish brown (a shade or two browner than olive drab) is going to be big. I'm seeing stuff that color - no idea what to call it - all over.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Also, too...corduroy shirts will be back in a big way.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain