Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Monarch Clothing Brand

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

Lost Monarch Clothing Brand

Looks like From Squalor to Baller has launched a clothing brand called Lost Monarch. Starting with denim and chinos. I have followed his blog for years so it will be interesting to see how the brand does. Looks promising. https://lostmonarch.com
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quoted
    638 Post(s)
    very very very expensive for clothes that doesn't even have proper descriptions of what they're made of, where they're made.

or how they fit, or any useful information you WOULD POSSIBLY NEED TO COMPLETE A CLOTHING PURCHASE.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    very very very expensive for clothes that doesn't even have proper descriptions of what they're made of, where they're made.

or how they fit, or any useful information you WOULD POSSIBLY NEED TO COMPLETE A CLOTHING PURCHASE.
    in case your scroll wheel is broken (or maybe this info was added in the past hour)

scroll down some more and you will find more descriptions of the fit and fabric

i know, scrolling is difficult on fridays.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)
    I found it weird that the largest waist size they offer is a 36. I'm a 36, but 38 and 40 seems like it would be a large demographic to omit. Also, none of their shirts are available yet. $150 for jeans is also obscene imo. especially from a startup.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)
    It looks like he is trying to fill a niche with khakis/jeansthat have a higher rise and a slim leg. These are very hard to find. I recently spent a ton of energy looking for khakis exactly like these. I paid close to what he is charging with another small company. I am willing to pay a premium for Made in the USA, high quality and getting exactly what I wanted in fit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I think the price for chinos is awfully high, but the polos look interesting and not ridiculously priced.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    The one piece collar polo is something I haven't seen often, but the regular shirt collar long sleeve polo for $50 USD looks basically the same as the Spier & Mackay version that was first offered for $45 CAD (~$34 USD) but has since dropped to $30 CAD (~$23 USD).

https://lostmonarch.com/products/long-sleeve-polo
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/navy-...ng-sleeve.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    It looks like he is trying to fill a niche with khakis/jeansthat have a higher rise and a slim leg. These are very hard to find. I recently spent a ton of energy looking for khakis exactly like these. I paid close to what he is charging with another small company. I am willing to pay a premium for Made in the USA, high quality and getting exactly what I wanted in fit.
    I'm with you. Its a lot more difficult to find this fit than it should be. I found chinos at Everlane and Peter Manning have a higher rise than most brands but I'd be willing to pay a premium for something made in the USA.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I'm with you. Its a lot more difficult to find this fit than it should be. I found chinos at Everlane and Peter Manning have a higher rise than most brands but I'd be willing to pay a premium for something made in the USA.
    I finally bought a pair of Jack Donnelly after tons of research and reading great reviews. I had a discount code from Red Clay Soul that brought them to close to $100. Unfortunately, they are back ordered until March. His website didn’t show the backorder and processed my order as usual. I got an email a week later apologizing and offering a free pair when they come back in stock. I hope they fit as well as advertised!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    I finally bought a pair of Jack Donnelly after tons of research and reading great reviews. I had a discount code from Red Clay Soul that brought them to close to $100. Unfortunately, they are back ordered until March. His website didn’t show the backorder and processed my order as usual. I got an email a week later apologizing and offering a free pair when they come back in stock. I hope they fit as well as advertised!
    I hadn't heard of Jack Donnelly before but will definitely check them out. You'll have to do a review when your pants arrive. And a free pair? That's extremely generous.
    Last edited by Geo; February 10th, 2019 at 10:51 AM.