Thread: Cufflinks Adapter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cufflinks Adapter

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I haven't tried it but thinking about it. http://cuffstyle.com/

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1030 Post(s)
    French cuffs are more of a formal style shirt. I'd skip this for everyday use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes, I know what cufflinks are and when it's appropriate to wear them. I'm only asking if anybody has tried this product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I have a few cufflinks but I rarely wear them.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Never tried it and it looks really pointless. Their selling point is that french cuff shirts are too expensive, but you can go to Nordstrom (during a sale or at Nordstrom Rack), Spier & Mackay, or Charles Tyrwhitt and grab one for just $30.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Never tried it and it looks really pointless. Their selling point is that french cuff shirts are too expensive, but you can go to Nordstrom (during a sale or at Nordstrom Rack), Spier & Mackay, or Charles Tyrwhitt and grab one for just $30.
    I could see using them if you dont want to dedicate closet space to french cuff shirts or you have a pattern/cut shirt that you cant find in french cuffs. Why duplicate your entire shirt rotation to have cufflink and no cufflink options? Why limit your cufflink shirt options to just the french cuff shirts you have? These items always have that one or two responses that says dont buy the adapter, just buy the real thing but that isn't always possible or even feasible. I havent tried the product but it looks pretty straight forward.

also, lets say you have 10 shirts. Thats $320. Or you buy one set of adapters to use with any shirt you already have. Thats like what? $20 for the adapters? And you get the same impact. If you are an occasional cufflink user or already have a well established standard cuff shirt collection, thats your selling point.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    I've done completely the opposite before just rolling the French cuffs around each other as if they were a barrel cuff and then using two buttons sewed to each other as the "cufflink." Cost of this was only the minutes it took to sew four buttons to each other in pairs.