Thread: Non-Suede Chelsea Boots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Non-Suede Chelsea Boots

What are people's thoughts on brown calfskin (non-suede) chelsea boots? Do you think they work well with darker, slim jeans? I'm looking at a nice pair of mid-brown and want to pull the trigger but am second guessing myself, thinking that they'd look better in suede (already own a pair of these) or a chukka. Most pictures of calfskin chelseas that I find online seem to look a bit feminine to me, but maybe I'm overthinking this. Thoughts?

Should add that these veer more towards the sleeker side (slim, Dainite soles) though the toes aren't overly pointy. Something like this:

Last edited by Banks; August 11th, 2019 at 01:56 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    I have a pair of darker brown non-suede chelsea boots and I think they are perfect with jeans. I feel like calf-skin leather makes them a bit less casual, while being brown (vs black) keeps them casual enough.

Here are some nice looking ones from Meermin and Allen Edmonds. I prefer that boots like this are a bit heavier looking, with a chunkier sole and less pointy toe.

https://www.meermin.es/in_en/1010501...-e-marron.html
    https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes-4...r=6507#start=1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    I think those boots in that picture look great with dark jeans. Personally, I prefer sleek profile and don't think they look feminine at all.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)
    I find calf skin Chelsea's look best a little beat up but straight out of the box they won't look like that. They need a little bit of character so the only thing I would do it use shoe trees for the first few months and enjoy the scuffs.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    I have a pair of Jack Erwin calf skin Chelsea boots I like quite a bit with dark jeans. They are very close in color to the ones in your photo, but not as scuffed. I'm generally not a fan of scuffed boots and shoes, but the ones in your photo are quite good--like they did a perfect job making them look cool.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.