Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations Suede Chelsea Boots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Recommendations Suede Chelsea Boots?

I want to get a nice pair of suede Chelsea boots, does anyone have any recommendations, I would like to spend under $250. I like Meermin but I read some where that there suede isnt good. So I am looking for some advice. Thanks everyone.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    I don’t have any personal recommendations since I’m not a Chelsea boots person, but Joe has recommended several in the articles on the main page. Just do a search and it should pop up with some options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I have a couple of pair of suede Chelsea boots from Thursday boots. I have been very happy with them. I have a pair of Astorflex which is okay but not as nice as the ones I have from Thursday. I guess I am not a fan of the crepe sole. Some years ago I bought I pair from John Varvatos. I loved the style but it was made very poorly and didn't hold up. As long as you buy from a place that has easy returns I don't think you have much to lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I have a couple of pair of suede Chelsea boots from Thursday boots. I have been very h8appy with them. I have a pair of Astorflex which is okay but not as nice as the ones I have from Thursday. I guess I am not a fan of the crepe sole. Some years ago I bought I pair from John Varvatos. I loved the style but it was made very poorly and didn't hold up. As long as you buy from a place that has easy returns I don't think you have much to lose.
    For thursdays what do you recommend on their sizing compared to your dress shoes?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCashhh View Post
    For thursdays what do you recommend on their sizing compared to your dress shoes?
    I normally wear a 10 in most shoes, but I wear a 9.5 in their boots. Their return/exchange policy is very good, so it's easy enough to fix if the sizing doesn't work out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    I know you mentioned concerns with their suede, but just in case you find other opinions - https://meermin.com/in_en/mto.html

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    I got these from Skoak for in the $250 range during a sale. I love them and would recommend them to anyone. https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/coll...-tobacco-suede

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    501 Post(s)
    In addition to the suggestion by @JBarwick with his very sharp boots, and the other suggestions above, don't forget to check out Jack Erwin. I have a pair in smooth leather and quite like them:

https://www.jackerwin.com/collection...12712351301718

Allen Edmonds has some well-reviewed models on clearance and if you sign up for their email list, you'll get 15% off, which will put them in the $225 to $270 range.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/outlet/...Chelsea%20Boot

I have some Frye's in suede that I paid under $100 for. I quite like them for the price--but if I wouldn't be happy with them for more than that price.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    That is a very red shade of Snuff on those Jack Erwin's. May want to reach out for an actual suede pic if you are thinking about buying those.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I've got a pair of Loake Mitchum boots that I wear all the time from fall to spring. Made in England and good quality suede. I bought mine from East Dane, which have occasional sales ranging from 15%-25% off.

https://www.eastdane.com/mitchum-sue...1507911851.htm

Should add that I had a local cobbler put a rubber toppy on them to make the boots more versatile.