Thread: Advice Please. DKNY suit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Advice Please. DKNY suit

I am looking for a suit to wear to a wedding and maybe once a year to work. I was at Macys and saw this half canvas made in Canada 100% wool suit by DKNY. I have a lot to learn about clothes and I know DKNY isnt high quality but at $210 it seems like a great value. I dont see how this is much worse than the entry level from Suit Supply. I would like some feedback from people on here. I have learned a lot from you guys.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/d...e%26slotId%3D3

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCashhh View Post
    I am looking for a suit to wear to a wedding and maybe once a year to work. I was at Macys and saw this half canvas made in Canada 100% wool suit by DKNY. I have a lot to learn about clothes and I know DKNY isnt high quality but at $210 it seems like a great value. I dont see how this is much worse than the entry level from Suit Supply. I would like some feedback from people on here. I have learned a lot from you guys.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/d...e%26slotId%3D3
    I don't see in the description that this suit is half canvassed. My bet is that it is fused. The suitsupply entry level is definitely half canvassed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoonguy View Post
    I don't see in the description that this suit is half canvassed. My bet is that it is fused. The suitsupply entry level is definitely half canvassed.
    It was on the label of the suit. And also include the usual italian woven wool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    The “stretch” part of it would concern me more than anything else. Did the label say 100% wool? Because I don’t see something being considered stretch without having elastane or something else woven into it. It’s likely to be more of a wool blend then all wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abh159 View Post
    The “stretch” part of it would concern me more than anything else. Did the label say 100% wool? Because I don’t see something being considered stretch without having elastane or something else woven into it. It’s likely to be more of a wool blend then all wool.
    I am 99% sure it said 100% wool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I confirmed its 100% wool and half canvassed, it says on the label and i did the pinch test. I read that it can be 98% wool and they can get away with saying 100% wool. Anyway the charcoal is on clearance so its $134. Ill take my chances. I cant see it being that bad

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCashhh View Post
    I confirmed its 100% wool and half canvassed, it says on the label and i did the pinch test. I read that it can be 98% wool and they can get away with saying 100% wool. Anyway the charcoal is on clearance so its $134. Ill take my chances. I cant see it being that bad
    For as little as you are going to wear it, you can't go wrong if it fits you well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    It is most certainly not the same quality as suit supply entry level or the Spier wheelhouse suits, but I agree with the advice above that for the little you’ll wear it and the price it should be a good option. You can get the jacket tailored and nobody will likely know the difference as the fit will be good.