Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What brand do I need to check a jacket or blazer for a skinny guy?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    417 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportocasin View Post
    Brooks Brothers carries jackets in size 36 and they have a slim (Milano) fit.
    I'd almost forgot about this, good reminder.

Their Milano is a *REALLY* slim fit. As in, I'm a 38R in most, but can get away with slight tailoring to take in a couple spots on Bonobos' 40R slim. A Milano fit 40R is ALMOST in need of being ever-so-slightly let out on me.

It's *REALLY* slim. So if he's borderline needing a 36 taken in at all, that may be a good spot to look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for all of your great advice. I will dig a bit more and once I find something that fits him and doesn't break the bank account, I will get back here to report so I can help others as well xD
    Also, I hope this threads keeping alive so other skinny guys can get some awesome ideas from all of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I personally like the fit of BB jackets.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)
    I canít help but feel that the response that the Jcrew fits well on the shoulders has been missed.

If thatís the case then you probably just need some assistance in working out if the jackets can be tailored enough to get a fit you like.

I think itís very unlikely that youíll find something that isnít very cheap/fast fashion that will fit off the rack.

Iíd suggest finding a good tailor (ask here for recs perhaps) buy a jacket that fits well on the shoulders and then take it to the tailor to get advice as to whether it can be taken in enough around the waist without losing three shape of the jacket.

As people have said: shoulder fit is key. All the brands mentioned should be slim enough that once youíve narrowed it in there a tailor can take it the rest of the way for < $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamelove View Post
    It fits the shoulder(still a bit big)
    I think maybe this is why people are suggesting looking at places that carry 36s instead.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Figure I'll chip in here as I wear 36S myself.
    My shirts are sized 15/33 slim from Spier & Mackay.

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 150 lb
    Chest measurement: 38"
    Waist: 32"
    Shoulder width: 17.25"

Here are my thoughts for comparisons of different brands in 36S suits and blazers:

Spier & Mackay and J Crew both fit me perfectly with minimal alterations, sleeves to shorten around 1/2"
    BR: around 3/4 to 1" shorter in the body than the above 2 brands.
    Bonobos: slim fit 36S a bit tight in all areas and short in the body - their trad fit works slightly better but by no means a great fit. I fall in between their 2 fits.

Hope this helps.