Thread: #75 OKAYAMA STANDARD Just Purchase need advise on hem inseam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

#75 OKAYAMA STANDARD Just Purchase need advise on hem inseam

Hello
    Just purchased #75 OKAYAMA STANDARD and it came with 34 inseam. Anyone purchase these jeans, if so, did you cuff them or get them tailored to 32, etc?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    I've always just cuffed my Gustins, as they're a bit longer than I tend to go with for denim.

I do know people who've had them hemmed. Really depends on the level of casual-ness or setting in which you plan to wear them.

Just use a *GOOD* tailor that knows what "selvedge" means. There's plenty out there that just give a blank stare like the proverbial monkey attempting mathematics.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuts View Post
    Hello
    Just purchased #75 OKAYAMA STANDARD and it came with 34 inseam. Anyone purchase these jeans, if so, did you cuff them or get them tailored to 32, etc?
    Thanks
    I always hem my raw denim so that I have a roughly 1 inch cuff. There aren't any tailors near me who know what to do with raw denim so I send them out to Railcar Fine Goods and have had great results.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)
    I've got the Okayama Shadow, and as with all my Gustin jeans, I just hem them myself so that I have enough length to cuff up twice. It doesn't have to be pretty since the hem will be hidden by the roll.

You're a 32" inseam so if suggest just cuffing them to show off the selvedge. But for people like me (5'6”) who are almost completely non-existent to the clothing world, you'll need to hem them a bit otherwise you'll end up with a w donut around your ankles.
    Last edited by Nandyn; July 21st, 2019 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    thanks for info guys. I think I will cuff for now, maybe just single cuff.

Now other issue, these things are like gloves on me, so i'm afraid to wear them outside. I got the 32 waist, since my waist is between 32.5 and 33, they said size down .5. When I button them, they are tight and I can hardly walk, lol. Are these things suppose to loosen up a bit (.5 inch or so)?, this is what gustin website says. What is your experience?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuts View Post
    thanks for info guys. I think I will cuff for now, maybe just single cuff.

Now other issue, these things are like gloves on me, so i'm afraid to wear them outside. I got the 32 waist, since my waist is between 32.5 and 33, they said size down .5. When I button them, they are tight and I can hardly walk, lol. Are these things suppose to loosen up a bit (.5 inch or so)?, this is what gustin website says. What is your experience?
    They'll loosen up about an inch in the waist as they break in. The thighs will loosen a bit as well. What I did was soak my pants in cold water, let it drip dry for awhile, and then put them on while still damp and do lunges/squats to stretch out the thighs and ass then let it finish hang dry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    ok, i'll try what you did. My wife gonna cracks jokes on me now