Thread: Amazon Peak Velocity athletic wear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Amazon Peak Velocity athletic wear

This post on the front page caught my attention - https://dappered.com/2019/08/in-revi...peak-velocity/
    Has anyone tried this stuff yet? I had started a thread about nicer athletic shorts a few weeks ago and ended up buying some Lululemon shorts. They are decent, but at $68, I don't love them as much as I feel like I should. Hence I've kept the tags on them and have been debating whether I should keep them or not. If I don't love them, they need to be a bit cheaper. Wondering if these Amazon options might fit the bill.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesape View Post
    This post on the front page caught my attention - https://dappered.com/2019/08/in-revi...peak-velocity/
    Has anyone tried this stuff yet? I had started a thread about nicer athletic shorts a few weeks ago and ended up buying some Lululemon shorts. They are decent, but at $68, I don't love them as much as I feel like I should. Hence I've kept the tags on them and have been debating whether I should keep them or not. If I don't love them, they need to be a bit cheaper. Wondering if these Amazon options might fit the bill.
    I've only tried the other Amazon athletic/synthetic polos, and they were waaaaaay too long. Even in a small (my usual size), the length went halfway down my thighs, fully covering my butt (even at 5'6", I've never had that problem with tops in size small). Definitely would've made a sexy polo dress if I were inclined to go drag. Not sure how the new stuff/Peak Velocity stuff is in that regard.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    I've got a few things in my shopping cart that I'm mulling over. I spend a fair amount of time in the gym or out on the trail with my dog so I've got my fair share of athletic and athleisure wear. IME the high price of premium brands - while more than I would like to pay - does tend to correspond with higher quality, durability, and longevity. So I am tempted by these Amazon prices but also conscious that they are likely not at the quality of the Hylete/Lulu/Fourlaps/Vuori/Prana etc products I have in my closet already.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I ordered a bunch of stuff to try on prime day and returned it all. I tried each style pant and one style of the shorts. The "build you own" shorts were ok but I didn't care for any of the pants. The "build your own" option was the nicest of them.

Maybe I was expecting too much? I will probably try out one of the henleys though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    I have these:

Peak Velocity Men's Trackster Athletic-Fit Pant, asphalt grey/white, Medium https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078X1MVND..._86HvDbRNF882Y

Comfortable, thin, breathe reasonably well, and most importantly, do not have a saggy ass like joggers do.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    I bought a couple pairs of the shorts for working out at home (I do an hour on elliptical every day). For that purpose they are decent enough. I do not wear such things outside the house and if I did, I would definitely look for something a bit nicer looking. I would best describe them as functional but not fashionable. I have a couple pairs of Nike shorts that are several years old but much better looking.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    So I ordered a few of the things that were featured on the main site.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07G9...b_b_asin_title
    Got the t-shirt with the breathable paneling, in black. Not in love with the material, which has a scratchy feel to it. Fit is pretty good though, I went with small which is pretty form fitting, could have gone with medium for something a little more relaxed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078X...b_b_asin_title
    Got the athletic tapered joggers, in grey with white stripes (probably the same @Hebrew Barrister mentioned above). These are ok, not mind-blowing. Fit is nice (medium on my deadlifts-and-donuts-fueled size 33 butt/legs), zipper quality is fine, material is a bit meh. Wish the inseam were a bit shorter on me but I guess that’s what happens when you’re short for your size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CL...b_b_asin_title
    Got the henley, in heather black. This is the one piece that has so far impressed me, and feels like it punches above its price in terms of quality and value. Seems well sewn and the material looks and feels quite nice. Fits well, a bit snug as a henley should be in size medium on my 36-38ish, small-mediumish torso. So definitely size up if you’re between sizes or don’t want a skin-tight.

I’m ordering the henley in a couple more colors and also trying out a few different styles of shirts.

Also WOT:

Last edited by LesserBlackDog; August 17th, 2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Ben

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    Couple action shots, did some benching and squatting today. Wearing the cloud run shirt and trackster pants.

Last edited by LesserBlackDog; August 18th, 2019 at 04:53 PM.
    Ben

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    So I ordered a few of the things that were featured on the main site.
    Thanks for the mini-review. I may need to give the henley a try

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I ordered a bunch of stuff and only kept the Peak Velocity Men's VXE Cloud Run Short Sleeve shirt to work out in, the Henley that I really wanted to love felt like it had ridiculously long arms on it.