Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Brown Driving Loafers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Brown Driving Loafers

    Struggling to find a basic brown leather driving loafer. They used to be easy to find but I can't seem to find a decent (clean looking) pair for under $200. Perhaps they've gone out of style but they're my preferred casual work shoe. All of the less expensive ones have bits, tassels or funky coloring.

    Ideally looking for something just like these but at half the price...

    https://toboot.com/collections/drive...rry-dark-brown




    I prefer the flat bottom to the pebbled style.

    Any recs are greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    813
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtones9 View Post
    Struggling to find a basic brown leather driving loafer. They used to be easy to find but I can't seem to find a decent (clean looking) pair for under $200. Perhaps they've gone out of style but they're my preferred casual work shoe. All of the less expensive ones have bits, tassels or funky coloring.

    Ideally looking for something just like these but at half the price...

    https://toboot.com/collections/drive...rry-dark-brown




    I prefer the flat bottom to the pebbled style.

    Any recs are greatly appreciated!
    https://www.colehaan.com/howland-pen...RoCm-AQAvD_BwE

  3. #3
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Jack Erwin has a few different pairs--I like my JE shoes. One on sale as low as $80. Another regular price $135:

    https://www.jackerwin.com/collections/driving-loafers

    I'll see what else I can find and make another post if I find anything. .
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    Check out Sperry Hampden loafer

  5. #5
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    565
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Jack Erwin has a few different pairs--I like my JE shoes. One on sale as low as $80. Another regular price $135:

    https://www.jackerwin.com/collections/driving-loafers

    I'll see what else I can find and make another post if I find anything. .
    I'll second this. I have a pair of JE driving loafers and they are nice quality, true to size, and comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Cole Haan also has this if you want something other than a penny loafer style; they supposedly run narrow though

    https://www.colehaan.com/somerset-ve...el/C11401.html

  7. #7
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Allen Edmonds has these on sale for $145. If you sign up for the email list, I think you get another 15% off.

    https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/s...&prefv1=Penny+
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  8. #8
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    third for jack erwin. Absolutely love my cobbler union drivers which also fit your price point. They just launched the new model which skips the nubs today i think. Link looks nuts but it is from their email from today. It is offering 20% off if you join their waitlist.

    http://trk.klclick1.com/wf/click?upn...O4rNu80g-3D-3D

  9. #9
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    I love my Cobbler Union Oxfords. I didn't know they made drivers. And under $200 if you pre-order.

    Quote Originally Posted by neminat View Post
    third for jack erwin. Absolutely love my cobbler union drivers which also fit your price point. They just launched the new model which skips the nubs today i think. Link looks nuts but it is from their email from today. It is offering 20% off if you join their waitlist.

    http://trk.klclick1.com/wf/click?upn...O4rNu80g-3D-3D
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  10. #10
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    Brooks Brothers, $168, goes 25% off pretty often.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •