Thread: Chinos like BR Core Temp or BR Traveler Pant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Chinos like BR Core Temp or BR Traveler Pant?

I've tried on both the Core Temp and the Traveler Pant from Banana Republic. I LOVED them both (particularly the Traveler).

My problem with them is that the slim fits perfectly above the knee, but the leg opening is just a bit too big, in my view. The skinny has a nearly perfect leg opening, but is a bit tighter around the thighs than I would like. If I could have the traveler in slim above the knee and skinny below the knee, I don't think I'd ever have to buy a different pair of chinos again.

Does anyone have suggestions for pants as similar to these as possible in feel and look, but with a slightly more tapered leg opening than BR's slim?

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Try out the Express 360 from the main site review a few days ago. They have athletic fit which sounds like what you are looking for.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)
    Alternately you could have the lower legs tapered by your tailor. Additional expenses but may be worth it if you really like a pair of trousers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joekloo View Post
    Try out the Express 360 from the main site review a few days ago. They have athletic fit which sounds like what you are looking for.
    Thanks, I"ll have a look! I've avoided express for years, but maybe should give them another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
    Alternately you could have the lower legs tapered by your tailor. Additional expenses but may be worth it if you really like a pair of trousers.
    Yeah, I suspect I might end up having to do this. Given how affordable these pants are on sale, having a tailor taper them will add 50% or more to their price, so I was hoping to avoid it, but if there's not comparable pant available, I'll just have to go with that

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Everlane Performance Chinos are pretty similar in feel to Traveler pants and fit similar to BRs slim cut. Everlane provides garment measurements on their website which is really helpful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    The Rhone Commuter Pant in slim has a 14" opening (BR doesn't say what there's is that I can find) but fits nicely in the thigh.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    I don't know what the official leg opening size on them is but the Flint and Tinder 365 pants in slim have a pretty narrow leg opening. I've got scrawny calves (I've taken to commuting fairly regularly by bicycle 20 miles round trip to try to beef them up some - well not just to beef up my calves but I'm hoping that will be a byproduct) and can't imagine needing them any slimmer towards the ankles. The pants themselves are pretty great - the fabric has a slightly brushed texture that makes them feel super soft, and they have just enough stretch to make them absolutely non-constricting. I'm going on 2 years of regular wear year-round in the two pair I have and they still look great.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried the bluff works pants? (I have read positive reviews of the blazers on here).
    https://shop.bluffworks.com/products...t-voyager-grey
    Spendy, but may be an option for you.