Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinion on AllSaints "Hawaiian" shirts

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    I grew up in Hawaii and wore rayon shirts like that in the 80s (at the height of the Magnum P.I. craze). They don't wash well and start to look faded pretty quickly. I wouldn't spend that much on a piece that's more of a trend (fad) than a staple. There are lots of vintage options available so you could try out the look at a much lower price point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    My vote is skip em! I dig the Faherty shirt you linked, and it sounds like you have a couple of them? I've found that having too much of one type of distinct shirt like that doesn't work well in a wardrobe. Unless of course you wear them all the time and that's your style, then go for it. I picked up like 4 Tommy Bahama shirts like that for vacation once. They were cool as heck but ended up mostly just taking up space in my closet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlielo View Post
    My vote is skip em! I dig the Faherty shirt you linked, and it sounds like you have a couple of them? I've found that having too much of one type of distinct shirt like that doesn't work well in a wardrobe. Unless of course you wear them all the time and that's your style, then go for it. I picked up like 4 Tommy Bahama shirts like that for vacation once. They were cool as heck but ended up mostly just taking up space in my closet.
    I think I'm leaning that way right now, unless they go on sale. I'm concerned I won't be able to wear them enough to warrant the price. It might be better served to bank that towards an expensive 'staple'. I'm a big fan of nice cardigans. I've always wanted to get more, but the ones I like tend to be rather expensive. It would probably be wiser to "put" this money towards that.

Of course, if these going on any kind of sale (less than $100), I might take the plunge. It would be an easier conversation if I could see them in person and try them on. For all I know I could hate them (or love them).