Thread: Designer / Quasi-designer brands that you like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Designer / Quasi-designer brands that you like

I've never really paid attention to any decision labels, but in randomly clicking on a GQ email about camp/hawaiian shirts, I ran across AllSaints. They had a hawaiian shirt that I would have loved to buy, but the article was a couple of years old, so the shirt was long gone. I ended up checking out their current offerings, and there were some decent options. They were pricey at full price ($130), but really were actually actually cheaper than I paid for some similar Faherty shirts (though I did find a $75 off promo code for Faherty). I saw that Nordstrom had a few of the AllSaints on sale for like $80 too.

I've typically stuck to various brands that aren't designer level (Bonobos for a ton of stuff, some Vineyard Vines shorts, that type of level). Are there any 'designer' brands that people like and try to watch for sales? Ignoring how much longer the 'hawaiian' shirt craze might last (on a Mexican beach all-inclusive a couple of weeks ago, probably 30-40% of the guys were wearing some variation of the style), I might buy one of the AllSaint shirts from Nordstrom.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)
    I have been watching Todd Snyder. I really like the style, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet on anything.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)
    keep a lookout on ebay. you might find one of those allsaint shirts or other brands youd like to try out, for a song.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    I have a couple of things that I like from Todd Snyder and Sid Mashburn. Wish Sid would have a store in NYC tho, I'd definitely throw more money at it. I have a leather jacket from allsaints but usually only browse their stuff when on sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    Canali and Eido both have great suiting that isn't crazy slim fit like a lot of high end brands. I'm luckily near the standard sample/display size for Canali, so I've found some NWOT pieces for really good deals on SF and eBay.

nn07 has really high quality outerwear with very limited branding, which is a huge plus for me.

Those are really the only three. I also like the idea of Common Projects to replace my Stan Smiths, but I don't watch them closely or think I'll ever buy a pair.