Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's talk about furniture and household goods

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)
    I feel like it's crazy but sometimes I just hear a subject mentioned (something I would never have any reason to look up or otherwise reference on a device... like, border terriers or Kind bars) and suddenly I start seeing it show up in ads or in my Instagram feed.
    Ben

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I feel like it's crazy but sometimes I just hear a subject mentioned (something I would never have any reason to look up or otherwise reference on a device... like, border terriers or Kind bars) and suddenly I start seeing it show up in ads or in my Instagram feed.
    I’m thinking this might be all router based. Like if you looked it up on one item, all items know. A friend sent me link to a ridiculous shirt and I didn’t say anything. Just got up and showed my wife my phone screen. Laughed, maybe said a deadpan “wow” and closed the link. Next day her Facebook had the adds for it.

Something we did was create a new, not linked to any personal info or money email, and set up the smart home stuff with that. Not sure if that is enough

I’m looking around at couch materials but not sure what to choose for desert sweat. I’m almost thinking an outdoor sofa...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Yes--I do not have any computer mics on at all (but cell phone of course has a mic). Sometimes I'm talking to my wife and we decide to look up the subject of our discussion on google. Dozens of times I've typed in a few letters and it auto fills the exact subject we were thinking about.

The only explanation I have for this is that often our discussion in based on a television show we were watching. As in, "oh--that guy who played CHARACTER--I wonder where he was born." Maybe so many other people wanted to know the same information that google can make a good guess.

OR--they listen on our cellphones.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?