Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do stay motivated for keeping fit?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Hey those people are influencers!!!!
    Our esteemed laureate's (Joe's) favoritest people.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

How do stay motivated for keeping fit?

I used to sign up for endurance events that were out of my comfort zone and required more effort than maintenance. But in order to progress (reps/time, distance/time, etc) I had to eat super healthy and get some decent sleep. My pride would not let me slip on my numbers, so I’d be absolutely miserable had I not eaten clean, cut the booze, etc. That helped me make my workouts and eat healthy as a lifestyle. But after so many events, the “so, now what?” kicks in. It wasn’t a lifelong strategy but it did help me get in the habit.

Eventually I found F3 (F3nation.com) and I’ve not struggled with motivation since. The workouts are held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold. There’s no cost, no signing up, and no gear required - just show up. The age range in my area is 18-62. Sizes range from 125-350lbs. All shapes, sizes, and fitness levels.

Workouts are usually early (5:30a-6:15a) so I’m usually able to get it in before I have to travel for work.

The guys are really encouraging. The workouts are usually pretty tough, but fun. Usually bootcamp style workouts. Even if you lift, hitting 1-3 F3 workouts a week is an awesome addition to most programs. In weeks I don’t travel, I do 6 workouts a week.

To see if there is F3 in your area:
    https://f3nation.com/workouts/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk