Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swimsuits

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shlarson View Post
    Knee-length shorts always boggled my mind anyway in the hot weather, and worse, heavy once in the water.
    Board shorts are typically knee length because surf wax rips out leg hair. When you're in the water all day with a surf board between your legs, you want some fabric between your board and your skin or else you're in for an impromptu leg waxing when you pop up to catch a wave. That's why board shorts were designed for surfers and tend to be longer than swim trunks. As a former surfer I still keep one longer pair of board shorts around for this reason. But as a short person, all of my other swim trunks have short inseams. Nothing wrong with showing a little leg at the beach or pool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    I received the trunks from Suitsupply yesterday. They are exactly what I was looking for in terms of fit, style and inseam. I have a couple of Onia Calder suits on the way from Nordstrom Rack. Hopefully they work out as well. I really appreciate your help, everyone.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyum View Post
    Jomers also released a new model which might fit the bill. I don't have them so can't speak to the quality.
    Iím very pleased with the Jomers trunks. Only quibble is the lining is a bit lacking, but like the cut/length and the combination of a flat zip/snap waist and snug down hidden string.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    I like my Orlebar Brown, but I got them from an off-season sale at a deep discount. At full price they're crazy expensive for swim trunks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    The Jcrew swimsuits I ordered back in June were finally delivered yesterday. I'm pretty happy with these so far. They fit better than the Onia. The only area they're lacking is the lining. It's okay but nowhere as nice as the lining in the Onia shorts. You'll definitely want to size down in these.