Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading LinkedIn Photo...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    linked in is a crappy marketing system that sends you ads and ads and ads for days. it's such a shit show.

don't join.
    I'll have to disagree with this. I've recently migrated with my wife from Asia to North America, and LinkedIn is pretty much the only way to start a professional network from scratch. We've tried applying through company websites, job fairs, connecting with recruiters, but we both ultimately got our jobs through LinkedIn contacts. Also, I don't get any ads from LinkedIn.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I just remember what a friend of mine said who works for boarder services. "People with beards seems like they have something to hide. Almost like they are running away from something. I always questions them more."
    That's what we refer to as "finding any excuse to go on a fishing expedition" kind of like getting pulled over for "your taillight is out" or even better "your license plate isn't properly illuminated". Then they decide (whether accurate or not) that they "detect the smell of alcohol/marijuana/whatever" and now you get to dance little monkey.

OP, another vote for the photo reflecting what you look like MOST of the time.

When I finally retire from the .mil, I'll be growing a beard for several months just because I finally can. :P

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    linked in is a crappy marketing system that sends you ads and ads and ads for days. it's such a shit show.

don't join.
    it's also a great networking tool for foreign intel services to find people to try and compromise to force them into becoming an unwitting agent.