Thread: Suitsupply outlet july 2019?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Suitsupply outlet july 2019?

Anyone got an inside line on when the summer SS outlet will open? I'm thinking next or the following Sunday. Any informed guesses?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    It opened on July 16 last year so my best guess would be Monday the 15th this year.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Might be worth noting that there were a few significant changes to the last SuitSupply outlet sale (this past winter):

1) The start of the sale was widely announced in advance over SuitSupply's official social media accounts. First time that I can recall where the start date wasn't figured out by word of mouth.

2) Discounts last time were noticeably stingier than years before. Most discounts hovered in the 30-40% range, which were a far cry from the 50-70% that most were accustom to. Also, because of the more widespread announcements in advance, items seemed to fly off the shelves faster (especially for smaller items like ties and various accessories). And if I recall correctly, we didn't see a subsequent drop in prices a few days further into the sale (because very little was left after day 1).

3) There's usually a "restock" of inventory in the outlet that comes 1-2 days into the sale. Last year, we did not see that, or it was very minimal.

Based on the above, I'm not holding my breath for a great sale this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sounds like the customer service folks don't find out about the outlet until 24 hrs before it happens. I think it tends to open in Canada and the UK first so if any of our friends across the border/pond get word of the SS outlet opening, the US should open shortly thereafter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Kinda shocked this isn't open today. Next Monday maybe?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by identitycrisis View Post
    Kinda shocked this isn't open today. Next Monday maybe?
    I know right? I am tempted to buy this blue sportcoat from Bonobos before the sale ends tomorrow, but would prefer to wait to see the Suitsupply offerings: https://bonobos.com/products/unconst...lazer-size=44l.

Never tried a Bonobos blazer/suit before, so I am bit wary given that I have been super impressed with the quality and fit of Suitsupply.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlySun View Post
    I know right? I am tempted to buy this blue sportcoat from Bonobos before the sale ends tomorrow, but would prefer to wait to see the Suitsupply offerings: https://bonobos.com/products/unconst...lazer-size=44l.

Never tried a Bonobos blazer/suit before, so I am bit wary given that I have been super impressed with the quality and fit of Suitsupply.
    What size are you? I have a 42R Legacy Blazer from J. Crew that I've only worn 2-3 times that I'm trying to sell. Retails $350. Joe has done a review on it before.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Sorry, 44l or 46l depending on the manufacturer .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I too am shocked it hasn't opened yet. What gives, I wonder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Probably didnít open to avoid competing with prime day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk