Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Fabric ripping on belt loops

  1. #1
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,160
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

    Fabric ripping on belt loops

    The fabric covering on the belt loops on two of my loops on S&M pants has worn away(guessing). The structure behind the fabric cover is still in good shape.

    Is this normal wear and tear from sitting against the back of the chair? Is this maybe something the dry cleaner did?

    Has anyone else had this issue or had it repaired?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,686
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1015 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    The fabric covering on the belt loops on two of my loops on S&M pants has worn away(guessing). The structure behind the fabric cover is still in good shape.

    Is this normal wear and tear from sitting against the back of the chair? Is this maybe something the dry cleaner did?

    Has anyone else had this issue or had it repaired?
    I've had this happen on pants before but only after multiple years of regular use. I've noticed S&M pants are somewhat fragile.

  3. #3
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,160
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)
    Thanks. I think they are close to a couple years old. I’d have to check. Is it fixable? I assume wrapping them in another fabric wouldn’t exactly match unless tailors are used to this fix.

  4. #4
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Thanks. I think they are close to a couple years old. I’d have to check. Is it fixable? I assume wrapping them in another fabric wouldn’t exactly match unless tailors are used to this fix.
    Could be a good opportunity to have the loops removed all together and have a tailor add some adjustable tabs.

  5. #5
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,160
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Could be a good opportunity to have the loops removed all together and have a tailor add some adjustable tabs.
    Interesting thought. I’ve always worn a belt. Would be interesting to go that route but I like the idea of it wasting pants that are fine elsewhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •