Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach essentials

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

Beach essentials

Tomorrow is the official first day of summer. What are your beach essentials? I feel like sunscreen is a given unless youve discovered some miracle product.

For me:
    Nautica beach chair - adjustable, cup holder, cooler pouch. what more do you need? Mine is an all red version of this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Nautica-Beach.../dp/B01AAUZZ5Y

Bose soundlink color - You need music for the beach.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HETFPK4...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Bocci - Perfect beach game. No set up required, easy to do with a drink in your hand. The only downside is carrying the heavy bag, but nowhere near as bad as lugging can jam, cornhole, or ladder golf.
    https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...-1-spons&psc=1

Polo RL sport polo bear beach towel - I "inherited" two from my late grandmother and immediately fell in love. The two I have are a skiing bear and bear playing hockey. Similar below.
    https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m634...CABEgJ0ZvD_BwE

Cigar - absolute MUST. Rotates with what I have in the humidor by my all time favorite is below.
    https://www.cigarsinternational.com/...nican/2000711/

Half a case of La Criox packed in a cheap cooler with your favorite koozy - my beach go to since I quit drinking. I dont really get the Yeti craze, and kinda resent that it seems to be driving the price of other coolers up.

UCF branded polo RL hat in school colors - Being bald, you have to keep the dome covered. I was lucky enough to get two of these a while ago. I dont know if the polo rep was sleeping with our head of merchandising or what, but I have never seen another school branded polo hat and they have since been discontinued. Similar below.
    https://www.ralphlauren.com/s/RalphL...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Great Post

Chair: can't recall the brand, but I have a Big&Tall 500Lb limit chair, and I love the extra sturdiness when getting the chair wedged into the sand. Never feel like its going to crumple or fall over, and I love the extra back support up past my shoulders.
    Speaker: OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA. Great sound for $40, splash proof, and you can pair two. Also, the NUB. The size of half roll of quarters and you can also pair two.
    Game: Bocci or MŲlkky, and of course a football and tennis ball
    Towel: anything wider and longer than the average towel.
    Cooler: SEEHONOR Insulated Cooler Backpack. Just got this for Father's Day, and it's amazing.
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.Ē ― Charles Bukowski

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    I have similar chairs from Tommy Bahama. Great pickup for us.

An all weather blanket comes in handy too.

A double walled container or mug. I use Ozark Trail and love them. Yeti people can chuckle at me all they want.

Slip on shoes. I like boat shoes and have canvas for the beach. I also support half decent flip flops. A big difference from the cheap stuff.

Dockers Polarized sunglasses. Dirt cheap and hold up surprisingly well.

A good book. Paperback. Old school. No glare, no dead battery, and if it falls int he water it probably only cost me $2 at the local goodwill.

A linen blend button up with a little billow to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Outfit: linen long sleeve shirt (I roll up the sleeves), dive watch, board shorts, espadrilles, sunglasses. Easy to transition to and from the sand to the boardwalk and everything in between.

Accessories: Beach chairs, insulated tote bag for food/drinks, Turkish towels, portable bluetooth speaker, portable USB charger for phone (and music playlist), SUNSCREEN, frisbee/football/game of choice, baby powder gets rid of sand really quickly.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rd27 View Post
    Outfit: linen long sleeve shirt (I roll up the sleeves), dive watch, board shorts, espadrilles, sunglasses. Easy to transition to and from the sand to the boardwalk and everything in between.
    Described me to a T almost. I have been considering espadrilles. Which do you have? Maybe I should start that post and not hijack this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Described me to a T almost. I have been considering espadrilles. Which do you have? Maybe I should start that post and not hijack this one.
    I have these ones here:

Soludos Men's Solid Original Dali Slipper, Charcoal, 11 D US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014UT6DXE..._3S-cDbN9ACG1Z

I like them over traditional sandals and as an alternative to boat shoes. Highly recommend order a half size larger than your normal shoe size.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Clothes: loose-fitting, light-colored, long-sleeve linen shirt (seems like many of us are on this same page); Sundek swim trunks; Teva Original sandals in solid grey (or Chacos depending on how much protection my feet will need from slorpy mud or poky rocks); medium brim Tilley; my prescription "sports" glasses that have ultra bendy frames and transition lenses.

Accessories: old raggedy beach towel; a Nalgene of half ice and half water; sunscreen; SPF lip balm; a paperback; all carried around in a drawstring backpack I have that's made of recycled sail cloth (similar to this, but got it on sale from Guideboat.com some years back).

As I mentioned in another thread we don't really have "beaches" around here and I rarely go on beach vacations so the scenario here is more likely hanging out on the dock or in the boat at the lake or floating the rivers.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    For me itís either boat shoes or Birkenstockís on my feet. Iím trying to find a swim suit right now for being on the beach and am probably going total with this llbean one. trunks , canít decide what pattern. I would rather have a solid navy or something but those styles donít fit. Just some gap chino shorts if not in the sand/water. On the beach Iíll probably rock a tank and switch up to a short sleeve button down elsewhere. Iíve got some Costco polarized sunglasses that have been my go to for a few years now. I donít usually do hats but Iíll bring a trucker style cap and maybe a straw fedoraish looking one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    High crown visor, cheap wayfarer type sunglasses, Columbia long sleeve PFG shirt, Columbia pfg shorts, swims loafers, UE boom speaker, insulated coozie, yeti hopper, large beach towel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)
    Big ass towel, umbrella, chair, cold beer.